New tank

Hi I'm grape

So! Update! Just got a 120g tank. Will be picking it up next week! I know I'm gonna need a sump so I'm gonna go to petco and grab a 40g. What else will I need for the sump? Or would I have to order stuff online?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fitofansami

You need to make a budget and knowing your limits go get some stuff I love to get used stuff, it is a expensive hobbie if youre gonna start from zero, soy basically now you re gonna need a skimmer because you have a lot of water and its gonna be nasty without one, I have not so much time now but its a good start go check reviews and get a good condition-used or if you have the money a new skimmer rated for more of your total water volume (aquarium plus sump)

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Hi I'm grape

So inside the sump I'll need a slimmer and a pump to put the water back in the tank

On all the sumps I've seen they have the barrier kinda thing and some plants growing inside. That's like a bio filter right? And the sump is mechanical? So where would the chemical filter part go?

fitofansami

everyone is gonna tell you something diferent but in my case im on the low maintenance side so im using the basic but in my experience necesary things in my sump I do have a Skimmer, I dont have socks in the input water because they need to be cleaned washed or rinsed every week so I just let the water enter the sump as it comes from the aquarium , then I have an small phosban reactor usin rowaphos as a silicate and phospate mechanical filter, same way I do have a calcium reactor to keep the alkalinity and calcium that my corals consume replenished (not necesary if it is fish only tank), and then I do have the magical thing the marinepure block that is where all the magic happens and keep my aquarium free of nitrites and nitrates with no sand and no live rock, thats all I do have downthere

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk