HELP! Algae Blenny

Rick76

I was wondering whether someone could help.

6 months ago I added an Lawnmower Blenny ( Salarias fasciatus ) to help manage an algae issue. Since then I have made slow subtle changes which have virtually eliminated all algae from my tank. I'm really pleased, however my concern is that the Blenny is now looking a little thinner than usual - for ages he looked like 'jabba the hut!'. He is still very active, but I have read threads that once they look a little slender you have issues. Is there anything else they will eat? He never seems keen to eat the regular food all my other stock eat.

I just don't want him almost starving - he is one of the many reasons my tank looks really clean!

Thanks for anyone's help!

Rick

PCDS

Try some seaweed sheets tied to a rock.
I am having a similar concern that my yellow eye kole doesn't have enough algae to eat. I hope you find something it likes. Algae/seaweed sheets, spirulina flakes, algae flakes/pellets could be tried. Good luck!

Rick76

I am having a similar concern that my yellow eye kole doesn't have enough algae to eat. I hope you find something it likes. Algae/seaweed sheets, spirulina flakes, algae flakes/pellets could be tried. Good luck!

Thanks PDCS.... I know what I'm going to be buying tomorrow now :)

I'll let you know how it goes.

Kman237

I agree with PCDS get him some algae sheets. I ran into this problem when I was beginner in the hobby. My Blenny ended up starving to death without me realizing what was happening :stars:. Some will take to meaty food or pellets and some just will not. Mine wouldn't take frozen food or any type of meat food.

Good call on hitting up the forums for advise!

Good Luck I hope he/she does well for you. :cheers:

Wilson Nacario

Have you tried Spectrum pellets? I have cured laterline disease with it and my fish go into a feeding frenzy when dropped in the tank including my algae blenny.