Newo11's RSM 250

newo11

Be careful n with those! If u pop that ull have a mess on ur hands they spread everywhere.. U should remove the rock that's on and scope it out for more. That can take over a tank very quickly! Emerald crabs are also pretty good at eating the stuff.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I get one that shows up every once in a while. I just gently remove one when I find one. There's no way the rock is coming out; that would involve breaking more colonies than I would ever want to do. Emerald crabs tend to have a short life in my tank unfortunately, but I may try to add another one. That rock is really porous so I'm sure that there is one or two bubble algae somewhere in there that are growing as well. I still can't get over the size of that one though!

soco

Ya that's a huge one. If they are slow growing I wouldn't worry. Just be careful not to pop I had a tank get over run bc I didn't know what I was dealing with and just scrapped em out :-(

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

newo11

A sad day today. I am moving, and while the new house has a basement with a place for the tank, I think it best to break down the tank, and sell the occupants and tank before the move. (less stress on the tank critters that way).

I'm not leaving the hobby however. I will eventually setup a new tank at the new house!

If anyone is interested in a great deal on an RSM250 with an LED retrofit for $800, please send me a message!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Congrats on the new home & hope you get back in the game soon !

RSM 66 gallon tanks sell well used - might post here - and post some details on the leds

http://reefsanctuary.com/forum/index.php?forums/drygoods-for-sale-trade.20/

You have grown some pretty sps corals - seems like a great deal !

adbf2c24450f26f6b0275e7a071acb9c.jpg

Last edited:

newo11

Hi all - thought I would jump on here for a moment and say hello!

An update - the first house we were going to move to fell through. I ended up buying another one with an unfinished basement, and with no power down there, etc., I ended up having to break down and sell of the tank and livestock. So.....I've been out of the hobby for a while. While I don't miss some of the daily chores with the tank, I do miss the hobby!

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Sad to hear that you've had to take a break from the hobby but with an unfinished basement laying around sounds like you might be able to set something pretty cool up! ;) lol