Seth's RSM 500

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Looks amazing mate, you've done yourself proud!!
I'd love to know where you got your rock from!! I'm looking to get some new stuff to seed some dry rock for my new tank that's in the pipeline! :)

Thanks guys. It's been a great adventure and I'm looking forward to what the next six months have in store...... Wrangy the rock I got was from WA. I believe it's premium Christmas tree rock. The only other place I have seen rock this good is from Hitech aquariums in brookvale Nsw. They can source it for you. But it's very expensive from them. They quoted me $900 for three boxes of the premium stuff.
Seagars. Thanks for the comment. I can't really say I have a secret to clean water. But I do use a filter sock. Other then that I have no other filters. I run a small fuge in my sump along with some Marine pure blocks and a skimmer. I also don't do water changes as regularly as recommended. I have found that with my dosing system my levels are quite stable. Thus I'm doing 10% change every month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hay all. It's been quite a while since my last post as I locked out of my account somehow when the website upgraded. Anyway I finally worked it all out!
The tank has been going nicely, and I've made a few changes to equipment and corals. After going through a year using T5 lighting I decided that they were too expensive to run and replace, so instead I now run 2 radion XR30w pro. And I am very happy with what they have done for viewing my tank.
There has been a slight increase in algae growth from them, however it has been quite minimal and my tangs, Angel and blenny seem to be enjoying the algae.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432418880.400102.jpg
All coral seems to have acclimated nicely and are all growing well.
Other then that there is not much more I can report, the tank seems pretty stable. I am still constantly amazed by the life that I find in the tank. There always seems to be a new coral or invert popping up somewhere.
Hope you are all well and tanks are going nicely.
Here's a pic of crab I pulled out of the tank the other day.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432419043.780200.jpg
Almost forgot, here are some cool top down shots I took while doing a water change
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432419090.884861.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432419137.394751.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432419151.696288.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432419164.018410.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk