Desmond's 275 cube

Desmond

Well i am starting again with a new tank
smile1.gif
This will most likely be the last for a while as i was told if i get anymore i will be divorced
hysterical.gif

It wont be up and running for a while but will hopefully collect the tank this weekend.
I aint going to rush into things this time i have a plan set and when everything is in place i will go ahead and shut my other tank down and put all attention into this one
smile1.gif

Equipment List:
For now i will use allot of the equipment i have currently on the other tank and add to it bit by bit.
Radion XR 15 W PRO
Bubble Magus Curve 5 Protein Skimmer / Deltec SC 1351 Internal Protein Skimmer / Nyos Quantum 120 Protein Skimmer undecided
Jebao/Jecod DCT4000 Water Return Pump or Vectra M1 depends on funds but hopefully intime i can upgrade
smile1.gif

Vortech MP10 WQD & JEBAO RW4. Hope to add another Vortech a bit later.
Reeflink.
JEBAO DP-4 auto dosing pump when i see the need in time.
STC-1000 Temp controller
AQUAMEDIC TITANIUM HEATER ,200W X2
40 kg Live rock
Substrate:caribsea aragonite seafloor super reef sand mix

Fish list so far:
5 blue /green chromis
1 Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse
1 Green Mandarin
2 Snowflake clowns
1 Bangi cardinal Unsure if i will keep
1 Springer's Dottyback
1 Boxer Shrimp
10 Nassarius snail
6 Turbo Snail
2 Dwarf Hermits
1 Serpant sea star

Planned Corals:
Zoanthids : God of War , Fruitloops , Incredible Hulk , Rasta ,LA Laker ,Lord of the rings , Pink Elephants ,
Candy apple purple , Eagle eyes , Blow pops ,Teal Rings ,Incredible Hulk , Captain America , Tyree Orange Rainbow , Lunar Eclipse , Azaleas , Yoda , Everlasting gobstopper , Red people eaters , Fire and Ice. I have a few other types just not sure of the names
smile1.gif

LPS:
Hammer coral , Duncan coral ,Torch coral , Frogspawn Pink Bubble , trumpet gren and neon green.

Anemone: Green bubble tip

Ricordia : Ricordea florida Orange , Green , Blue. Some unknow Yuma corals.

Possibly Green star polyps on the overflow box but unsure as it can be a nightmare.

Desmond

good luck! I'm actually thinking of going from 60gal to a red sea reefer 150gal...!
very nice unfortunately i dont have the space for this at the minute or most likely the time to perfect it the way i would want. I want a 525xl in time but will wait for a while.

Desmond

This a plan of how i would like to layout my sump if i have enough space i will know Sunday when i measure the cabinet in and see.

Attachments

• SUMP DESIGN 275 REV 3.png
    SUMP DESIGN 275 REV 3.png
    28.2 KB · Views: 13

Desmond

Collected the tank last night exciting stuff unfortunately I need to rethink the sump as I won't have the space for what I want. But I will make do
Will get to ordering the last of the piping I need this week. Sum will be ordered also which will give me 3 weeks to plan all the piping and install. Also have some rock from my Fluval which I took down so I am going to try and make some columns out of these for my scape. Also need to make a few cutout for fitting the radion mount and get measured up for the top to order a cover.

Desmond

Sump is now designed and ordered not exactly what I want but it will do
2604a6a2c4af9e08542f36bc7bd6155c.jpg

76b757e5e7c4221ffb62ce79672aafd1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Desmond

Skimmer and return pump ordered. Also went with 2 types of aragonite substrate.
Skimmer went for a Deltec sc 1351 and return will be jebao dct 4000. Piping is near sorted how I will lay it all out. Just need to finish the drawing.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Desmond

Well it has been ages since i have got to update this thread so time to blast some pictures out. The tank is fully up and running. The move has gone well and all fish and corals setteled in well. All levels are bang on. Used near all the water from rsm plus water from sump as the fuge was full of pods i wanted t keep. Add a bit more live rock and made some structures for the new tank. Have added some new corals and an eel. Zebra moray which is doing great. Only zoa will be added for the next 2 months maybe a new fish at the end of the year. Looking towards a tomini tang but still undecided.Will bore you with a load of pictures now lol