Patrick's RSM C-250

Pat24601

I'm going to try to get some pics, but my kids are a couple of months shy of 3 years old now. They were just babies when I started this tank.

Just this last week or two they have really started to get into the tank. They spend hours looking for Dori (Tomini Tang), Nemo (black and white clownfish) and "Tiger Fish" (Banghai Cardinalfish).

It's kind of funny because I was seriously thinking of taking down the tank to save time and money because I got it for them really when they were babies and they just weren't that into it.

I'll need to get some pics and/or video.

Desmond

Looking good Pat I have not been on allot myself. Work work work and got married now more work

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Pat24601

Nice Pat, where did ya get it and what type is it?

It's a maxima. My LFS got 6 new clams for the first time in about 2 years. 2 maximas, 2 deresa, and 2 crocea.

I got the maxima simply because it was the biggest. I'm debating going back and buying either the deresa or crocea.

I can't get a picture of it open because my fish keep bugging it when I walk by my tank, but it looks like its doing great.

image.jpeg

Pat24601

Just to let a few of the old timers who may care know, I may be getting out if the saltwater hobby for a bit.

As with all things, there are a few reasons. The big one is that I have a very high level of nostalgia for freshwater. My father raised me on freshwater and I've always felt strongly I want to do the same for my kids.

It's really a way for me to pass a family tradition from my father to them. I always told myself when my kids were 3, I'd start a freshwater tank for them. Well, they are 3 (hard to believe they were just born when I started this) and I can't really keep up with 2 tanks, which was my original plan.

I still plan to check these forums and I'm fairly sure I'll be back at it once my kids are a bit older. It's definitely my goal to have both a saltwater and freshwater tank.

melvis

Glad of the update Pat, wondered what had been happening.

Sad to hear you're thinking of leaving the hobby but totally get your reasons. My dad raised me on tropical tanks too and my first one was 2ft with a custom built stand and lid he made for me. He had three tanks and I ended up with a second eventually. He always wanted to do saltwater but was always concerned about how difficult it was 'back in the day' and he was too busy. I guess my saltwater tank is a nod to him, as he never managed to set one up before he died.

I think it's a great tradition to hand down though Pat. Will be weird not following your updates but glad to hear you'll still be floating around this forum. Your advice has always been appreciated and I'm sure others will feel the same. All the best in your next adventure.

Pat24601

Glad of the update Pat, wondered what had been happening.

Sad to hear you're thinking of leaving the hobby but totally get your reasons. My dad raised me on tropical tanks too and my first one was 2ft with a custom built stand and lid he made for me. He had three tanks and I ended up with a second eventually. He always wanted to do saltwater but was always concerned about how difficult it was 'back in the day' and he was too busy. I guess my saltwater tank is a nod to him, as he never managed to set one up before he died.

I think it's a great tradition to hand down though Pat. Will be weird not following your updates but glad to hear you'll still be floating around this forum. Your advice has always been appreciated and I'm sure others will feel the same. All the best in your next adventure.

Thanks, Melvis. :)

I feel like we've grown up together saltwater speaking wise. I definitely plan to keep up.

Great to hear your dad is part of this for you too!

Last edited: