RosterV's 93G coral cube

rostervandross

sdU6jqe.jpg

Step 1 and Picture 1 . Setup action incoming!

rostervandross

Coming up on two weeks in. Trying to post a picture with every post to make a nice catalog of development.

fEo0ovN.jpg

Been testing my water, put some frags in and have the lights on for a while every day now. Snails and reinforcements for my existing tank's crew ordered and ship after the day after the Fourth of July

Aside from that I'm looking for a good camera that I can take close ups with for around $250 or so.. if anyone is familiar I'd appreciate some advice. I was hoping some of the now five or six year old devices are becoming really affordable

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Looking good matey :) I'm using a Canon EOS1100D to take all my shots but I have no idea what it would cost over there :)

rostervandross

Thanks for the word on your camera man.

Here's a latest picture I've got, I've got to take a close up eventually of this purple and pink chalice that's next to the red one there.

Got a few fish moved over from my 75g and got a few new citizens. I have a glass lid that came with this so I finally get to keep a couple firefish and then I got a yellow coris wrasse and a flame hawkfish . And a pistol shrimp and cleaner shrimp but hawkfish ate them hah. Will try to get some more angles of the tank up soon , and detail my equipment and plans for whats to come now that things are started up and rolling.

fFtysuP.jpg

rostervandross

I had a very unfortunate series of events lately. I had to go up to my family's farm for a few days after my granny had her knee replaced and I ultimately did not feed this tank for four days. I also set the Metal halide light on a timer where I had been manually running it a few hours a day and while I was gone it ran a full 8. I think the combination of stress from not eating and an increase in light led to a velvet parasite outbreak and I lost all my fish one by one except my two firefish and yellow coris wrasse . Quite a bummer. Clown tang, foxface, blenny and hawkfish all didn't make it. Now I have to trap the firefish and wrasse and keep the tank fallow if I ever want to add a new fish. Anybody have any experience with velvet disease?

Thankfully my original 75 gallon is totally separate and doing fine but I lost some good fish. Really sort of ironic how the firefish survive over all the other tough fish and are doing well , because for the longest time they were always the fish that i couldnt keep . Thankful the wrasse and firefish survived - they are great. And it will be lots easier to keep good water parameters for a while with just them in 100 gallons.

Going to work on a couple nitrate reducing projects in a biopellet reactor and hopefully a algae scrubber with some red LEDs and a driver I have left over and then just focus on water quality and coral growth here for a while.