Sully's RSM Reefer 350

mtsully71

Busy, busy, busy...........the new fish are doing great, lost the green canary blenny, as in have no clue what happened to it, no body, no suicide, nada. Only think I can think of is it got to close to the Jebo RW20 and became sushi food :ponder2:. That Jebo is a monster even on the low setting but the fish and coral love it.

My wet side for the MP40 died, called the company provided a receipt and they shipped me a new one :thumber2:. Just need to hook it back up. I am definitely becoming a believer in the more flow is better.....

All coral is now fixed and I have no more room at the Inn. Growth is slow but steady and some of the colors are starting to show nicely :cool:.

The Rock Beauty soon after introduction developed a mild case of Lymphocystis, I am pretty sure of it. Mucho reading to find that one and photos for ID :coffee2: The RB showed signs and symptoms for about two weeks. I increased feedings, which included brightwell aquatics angelixer vitamins (my staple vitamin). I increased wet skimming and added 2 extra WC's. The RB has shown no visual signs for about 10 days :fingerscrossed:.

The fish eat like they are starving to death and are very active. The pyramid butterfly is awesome and the shark nose goby loves to swim all over my hand in search of food. He has his own little cleaning business set up which most the fish visit. Everyone gets along great. I am very happy the rock beauty has shown no interest in my corals, so far :D.

I do not recommend a heavy fish load, But damn.......it sure looks like a bustling happy reef :whistle:

Tank photos :roflmao:.........ya there coming :outtahere:

Happy reefing people

Sully

mtsully71

Hooked a local up last night with some pieces. Fella getting back into the hobby and found out about me through my food supplier. Gave him 2 different colored trumpet colonies, nice frag of red dragon, a green acro, chunk of chalice, purple cap and a candy apple cap. Guy was thrilled, offered to pay me, said "nope on the house". :thumber2:

rostervandross

Sweeeet nice full tank shots. Really good looks. I wanted to ask, you seem to have lots of frag plugs here and there like me and they sort of drive me nuts because there are only so many holes to support them, do you have any tips or tricks? I'm thinking about getting some underwater epoxy putty to smoosh them in places with so they don't fall / tip as much

mtsully71

Sweeeet nice full tank shots. Really good looks. I wanted to ask, you seem to have lots of frag plugs here and there like me and they sort of drive me nuts because there are only so many holes to support them, do you have any tips or tricks? I'm thinking about getting some underwater epoxy putty to smoosh them in places with so they don't fall / tip as much

The plugs, other than a few are not plugged into holes, I cut the bottom of the plug with pliers to make it relatively flat. I am just using loctite superglue gel to stick it to the rocks. If ya want to be more highspeed you could use an epoxy or water ever is safe and smooth it out over the disc to give it less than a rigid effect, but in time the coral will grow right over the top of the plug anyway.

I would not use putty until I know that the coral is growing and thriving and I know I am not going to move it. Once ya smoosh that stuff that plug is not coming loose without some work.

hope that answers your question

Sully

mr_tap_water

Nice set up [emoji106]and that is that a rock Beauty there I see as you don't see many of those these days[emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oxylebius

Most of the time keep my sps corals on the plugs as I slowly move them around the tank until I find a location that they like. Then I pop them off the plug (or make a nice clean cut at the bottom of the coral at the plug location) and then I glue the coral onto the rock using super glue gel. I use a butter knife and wedge it under the coral next to the plug and slowly, carefully, run the knife back and forth until the coral pops off. Then in the tank the coral goes.

mtsully71

My goby became sushi last night, guess he was inspecting the Jebo to close and half of him turned in food. The main body was still stuck, my daughter pointed it out this morning. Oh well, **** happens. I will order another this fall, when I get a clam maybe even a brain :thumber2:

some photos before lights out last night. Tank cleaning night! :pint:

Image1.png Image.png

Happy reefing

Sully