Red Sea Max 130 D by Desmond

Adrienne

Very very strict bio-security in NZ and very small local market due to small population, combined with fishkeepers not wanting to pay big $$$ for fish = limited species. Its virtually impossible to get inverts into the country and with the huge quarantine costs and risk after 48hrs in transit, the prices tend to climb. Never mind, I am grateful for what we do have and the fact that we now have clownfish and one cardinal species being bred here.

Desmond

Very very strict bio-security in NZ and very small local market due to small population, combined with fishkeepers not wanting to pay big $$$ for fish = limited species. Its virtually impossible to get inverts into the country and with the huge quarantine costs and risk after 48hrs in transit, the prices tend to climb. Never mind, I am grateful for what we do have and the fact that we now have clownfish and one cardinal species being bred here.
Well the plus side is the more tank bred the more that will come available and cheaper price also. I just got my rasta and large laker zoa from uk . Tough as nails as they got stuck in customs and took 5 days to arrive. All starting to open now slowly.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Desmond

ad7eb2020bdf3980d38898dfdaae65df.jpg

a0d07c93a3bf602ef8f0cca81e9f92c2.jpg

dcd649c3da8b55dea16bad3e243d843d.jpg

82d4151f5f6978de20af72bc9b03a8d8.jpg

82d461af74b740bef17ef33e80396bb6.jpg

Desmond

Just picked up a new fish today
smile1.gif

Springeri Dottyback (Pseudochromis springerii) always liked this fish and they were always gone every time they came in to the marine store. Was in early today and got 1 for myself
smile1.gif
Just getting him acclimatized now
smile1.gif
Hopefully i can get some pictures later. Next challenge is to catch my blue tang need to get my hands on a fish trap. Also an interesting fact. Apparently flame angels are very difficult to get here at the minute. They are charging 200 pound for 1 at the marine store now. crazy money i say ! i did not pay that for mine thank god but may seel it as i hardly ever see it anyways lol

Desmond

Well its been a while since i did an update on this thread. Have been away on holiday and back now work is crazy.I am giving my tank a facelift ! I have sold all my sps and toadstool to make more space in the tank. I am going for a zoa and pls tank now to change things up a bit.
Just ordered a load of Zoa and have also bought some new frags.
Ultimate Lunar Eclipse , God of War zoa , Red Hornets , Yoda , Azaleas , CK Emerald Crystal , captian america , Incredibal hulk , everlasting gobstoppers , lunar eclipse ,candy apple purple , fruitloops and teal rings. Have also bought 5 new types but have no idea of the names :) I have also got myself a bubble tip new as my sps has left the building :)

Desmond

Lucky escaped today. Nearly grabbed this fella while cleaning chaeto out of sump. Thank God I seen it. Would have been annoying for sure.
4637b206b07d1954c36e681f836504c2.jpg

Desmond

Stunning new wrasse mate!
Thanks buddy I am still trying to figure exact type. I think it's a carpenters. Was hard to tell in the store as the shipment was big and lots of bags and confusion. The colour should improve as it settels more. Eating well though

Pat24601

Well all going good blue tang and flame angel out. Chromis and new wrasse in

great pics!

I'm just catching up, but why did you do the fish swap? I fear having to try to get fish out. It sounds hard. Fortunately, I haven't felt a great need to in 3 years.

Desmond

great pics!

I'm just catching up, but why did you do the fish swap? I fear having to try to get fish out. It sounds hard. Fortunately, I haven't felt a great need to in 3 years.
The tang was getting to big as I knew it would and I have ordered some expensive zoa so not taking any chance with the flame angel. Pretty much all softies gone now in tank and sps. Going to fill it with zoa and lps

Desmond

Awesome looking bubble tip!
Thanks I am delighted with it decided to get it as sps was sold and more room with softies gone. I want it to grow so hopefully my clowns will host and leave me poor hammer alone lol