rsm250 skimmer vs newer c250

Lamia2super

my current skimmer pump is vibrating louder than usual. i just noticed it has a huge scratch on the impeller magnet while searching for a replacement I noticed the c250 skimmer body is different. I'm wondering if anyone has tried swapping to the newer body. Is the newer c-250 skimmer a better design ? what other skimmer would you recommend or should I just swap the impeller and call it a day.

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Hi Lamia2super. I'm sorry to say the new MSK 900 skimmer as fitted to the Max C250 is not compatible with the original Max 250

Danreef

my current skimmer pump is vibrating louder than usual. i just noticed it has a huge scratch on the impeller magnet while searching for a replacement I noticed the c250 skimmer body is different. I'm wondering if anyone has tried swapping to the newer body. Is the newer c-250 skimmer a better design ? what other skimmer would you recommend or should I just swap the impeller and call it a day.

I has to replace 3 impellers during the tank guaranty. They all cracked. Red sea sent them under guaranty. Just replace the impeller. If it is cover in white plastic is better. All cracked impellers were black. There have been many cases reported on the forum.