Red Sea Reefer 250 build!

I currently do about 20% waterchange every week in my RSM 130, so i will probably stick with the weekly 20% on the 250. Ive decided to not go with the tang and do 3 anthias instead of 4. The reason i want a magnificent foxface is cause i dont like the look of the normal/ one spot one. The color just doesnt do it for me. I need a foxface though as i have some bryopsis on 1 rock.. the rock with my RBTA on it and the same rock the Midas blenny lives in whenever i put my hand in the tank. This makes it impossible for me to do hydrogen peroxide treatment on the rock as i can not get the blenny out and dont want to disturb the anemone.

Crappy quality photodump time!

Been a while since an update, so here are some photos since its been set up and running.

this was the first itteration of everything witht he scape and lighting,

Then i decided to change some things up a bit. Also some more information if anyone cares.

Updated photodump. Finally have t5's installed and man i love the look of the led+t5! from now till i stop reefing ill be keeping a hybrid light of some sort.

For bulbs i went with ATI and did Blue+, Purple + Coral + and blue + but im thinking of replacing the coral + with either an actinic bulb or another purple plus.

Also bought some Dry rock and tossed in the tank, little different scape and not nearly as open as before but with this setup there is a lot more options for growing coral.

And finally some pictures! Enjoy.

View from the Left side of the tank

View from the Right side

Full Tank shot

Where i think im gonna put the euphillya area. Currently on left side

The unhappy RBTA.. hasnt been too happy since the swap over to this tank. Im thinking its from the change in lighting from PC to led/t5

Shrooms

Rics

This is all less than 24 hours after adding the rock and messing with stuff so no one is overly happy in the photos, Ill try to upload some new ones once everhting settles down.

Really want my RBTA to go back to its former glory..

And the final progress update:
Update, Anemone split in 2 and not 3 like i had thought it was going to! Looking much better after split!

Update 2.. It appears my plating monti has begun to STN..... Not sure what its from but if i had to guess it was the 5 days without the vortech turned on. I had it off in case my anemones decided to release from the rock and i didnt want them sucked up and blended.

I noticed this on monday night (was away from home all weekend) and turned the vortech on monday night as well. You can see the edges have started peeling a decent amount, and there are 2 or 3 spots of flesh towards the middle that have dissapeared.

What do i do to combat it? I have turned the vortech on to replace the missing flow, I am doing a watertest as my Hannah checkers came in finally so we will see if its a nutrient problem or not.

If it was just the flow will having it back on keep the stn from continuing?

Sorry for the giant post, but thanks for stopping by

Been a while but new post!
AAAAAND PICTURES.

From the right side

PEEKABOOO

Bubbles Finally!

Damn Brown Jelly
sad.png
This is the hammer coral that used to be in Scorched's 3 foot tank.

Purple Horrida Frag

SSC frag. Starting to color back up and get some PE, I was told that this is because this frag was from the bottom of the colony.. we will see.

BEAUTIFUL Cali Tort Frag. Really love the color on this one. Probably my favorite.

Pink lemonade mini colony. Little on the green side, hoping it turns to yellow after being in my tank for a while. If not its still nice looking.

Lavendar Cream Acro, Nice blue/purple color with brown/purple polyps. Hard to get a representative picture but very nice looking.

The old frags. The Bali slimer has started encrusting on the rock finally! As for the PE on the others, my giant hermit crab had just run around the top of the rock knocking into everyone just before picture time. Jerk.

AAAND FTS

Sppf121

One of the last things I need for my Red Sea reefer 250 is a skimmer. Would you recommend the vertex 150? Do you have room to remove the socks and do you find it to be a good skimmer? Thanks for you nice. Really like your posts. You tank is awesome.

One of the last things I need for my Red Sea reefer 250 is a skimmer. Would you recommend the vertex 150? Do you have room to remove the socks and do you find it to be a good skimmer? Thanks for you nice. Really like your posts. You tank is awesome.
Sorry i missed this, im not on the forum too often anymore as work is really busy.

As for your question i do like the skimmer however i think i would get the omega 130 if i did it again. Or maybe the nyos 120.

There is almost no room in the sump with that skimmer in there and it seems to be SUPER touchy, if i adjust it a fraction of an inch it will overflow in minutes. But when it works.. man the sludge it pulls out is nasty.