E-260 ATO?

CoachLarry

Anyone have recommendations for an ATO for E-260? Worried about pump being strong enough to push water from resivor in cabinet to rear sump 56" up. Thanks in advance.

Larry

Antics

Thanks. Do you think the Tunze 3152 would also work?
The 3152 has a maximum conveying height of 78.7 in (2 meters), so it should work fine. Keep in mind that the higher the pump must push, the slower it is at completing top off. Shouldn't necessarily be a problem, but it could cut off before being completely full due to the safety timer built in. I think if you install your sensors right it shouldn't be an issue though.

SPR

Hi got the 260 in February and installed the auto Aqua Mato 200P and it works well

Although crude I have an33ltr home brew bucket as the sump as I needed something large due to frequent trips abroad and it lasts around 8-9 days before needs topping up when filled to the brim.

System very easy to install and was recommended originally by LFS

CoachLarry

Thanks for all of the input everyone. I decided to go with the Tunze 3155. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm hoping the ATO will help me dial in my skimmer, which I just can't seem to do. But I guess that is another thread. LOL :)

Antics

Thanks for all of the input everyone. I decided to go with the Tunze 3155. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm hoping the ATO will help me dial in my skimmer, which I just can't seem to do. But I guess that is another thread. LOL :)
Give your skimmer some time, it will function better as the tank matures

CoachLarry

Installed it last night and while the install was easy, I'm having issues. It appears the sensor is not working. The pump runs until the float valve rises, then shuts off then reads level to high. I'll be calling Tunze this morning to see if we can't get it figured out.

DT in DXB

It actually started working correctly the next day. Never had to make the call.

Hi Larry, could you post a pic of where you installed the sensor?
I have only had my 260 for a few days and have noticed that the RHS of the sump lowers much faster than the other two sections but the media rack makes it pretty crowded.

Cheers

DT

CoachLarry

Hi Larry, could you post a pic of where you installed the sensor?
I have only had my 260 for a few days and have noticed that the RHS of the sump lowers much faster than the other two sections but the media rack makes it pretty crowded.

Cheers

DT

Sorry just seeing this. I can post a pic when I get home tonight for sure. I have mine installed in the right hand side of the sump along with my heater. All that is in that section is the return pump, my heater, and the ATO sensor.

DT in DXB

Sorry just seeing this. I can post a pic when I get home tonight for sure. I have mine installed in the right hand side of the sump along with my heater. All that is in that section is the return pump, my heater, and the ATO sensor.

Thanks Larry, no sweat. I got my ATO a week early thanks to the magic of Amazon and found it much smaller and easier to install than I thought.

Yours probably looks something like this:

20160602_162136_1464870123764.jpg

I'm curious as to how you got a heater in there as well. My particular problem is cooling and at the moment, I'm living in denial and looking for options other than a chiller!

Cheers

DT

CoachLarry

Thanks Larry, no sweat. I got my ATO a week early thanks to the magic of Amazon and found it much smaller and easier to install than I thought.

Yours probably looks something like this:

View attachment 45989

I'm curious as to how you got a heater in there as well. My particular problem is cooling and at the moment, I'm living in denial and looking for options other than a chiller!

Cheers

DT

I just have the sensor in the right with return pump and heater. On the left I have my apex probes and ATO hose as well as my 2 part dose tubes.image.jpegimage.jpeg

rmcfish

Thanks for the advice. My LFS guy has always recommended a UV so I assumed it was important. I have one on my Biocube too. Is SW system stand for salt water system?