HELP! Acans

Coraljunkie

I've got a few healthy colonies of acans, while I was feeding my tank just now I noticed a tiny acan head from one of my colonies just sitting on a small cup shaped crevice on the rock. Then after looking at the colony it came from, it appears like there is a healed bite Mark on one or 2 of the heads. Pair of clownfish, pair of blue star leopard wrasse and a barnacle blenny. 1 peppermint shrimp, it's not a camel back btw. I will post a pic soon.

Antics

I'm sorry I don't think I understand the question? Are you asking if its possible that a fish or shrimp did the damage? If so, then sure anything is possible. If it's already healed though, how long ago do you think it happened. Maybe your fish weren't actively targeting the Acan but picked at it in response to brine or mysis sitting on a head etc. If all of your other colonies are still fine and the chunk that was bit is healed I would venture it was a one time thing.

frisbee

You might want to look into Polyp Bailout.

I don't think I've ever heard a definitive answer as to why this happens, but some people believe that it might be due to a spike in ones parameters, alkalinity in particular. A form of reproduction is another theory. GL.