HELP! 130D skimmer replacement

Jetmart

Looking to replace my skimmer on 130D. It is not working very well. Same issue that everyone else has.
Is there anything I can replace it with that does not include much modification to tank or hood?
Looking for on that actually skims like it should.

Last edited:

Adrienne

I have new second hand 130D on which I need to do some replacements - likely to be skimmer & circulation pumps. It did come with a media rack - why is this necessary with the Tunze 9004 please?

Ctreptow

The Tunze uses a magnet on it's side to attach it. You need the media rack to attach in the compartment. I also upgraded to the single return pump but am torn on whether I like it better than the 2 return pumps.

Just seems like to much flow in a small tank for 1 return flow.

Jetmart

Would you have any pictures of the Tune install with the media rack?

What is so darn frustrating with the Red Sea skimmer is it worked well initially. I have cleaned everything there is to clean, replaced skimmer pump & return pump, cut filter in 1/2 and still the water does not raise high enough in the cup as it once did.

Trio91

Would you have any pictures of the Tune install with the media rack?

What is so darn frustrating with the Red Sea skimmer is it worked well initially. I have cleaned everything there is to clean, replaced skimmer pump & return pump, cut filter in 1/2 and still the water does not raise high enough in the cup as it once did.
9001.jpg

this is how the 9001 is mounted. the 9004 will need to be mounted something like that

melvis

I'm using the Tunze 9001 in my C130, mounted to a egg crate rack I built to hold it - as the C130's media rack has no sides like the In Tank one. I can lift the whole thing out as one if needs be, also, I can still reach it via the access panel on the hood. Good skimmer and a lot quieter than stock one.