T5 lights for 130c

StevesLEDs

RS Sponsor
ATI makes some good bulbs I hear. However if you want something fully adjustable, LEDs go from 5,000K - 24,000K.

Jeff

DaveK

Can anyone tell me the best all Actinic blue t5s to suit the 130c?...

This is something you need to decide for yourself. This is because lighting is very subjective, and depends on how you want your tank to look.

You'll see bulbs that range from very blue to violet. They will all work well. Now I would likely choose a very blue actinic bulb, but I wouldn't call someone that chose a more purple bulb wrong.

I tend to like the colors more natural looking, other want the colors to be really bright, but I find this too artificial looking.

rougemind666

Led is definitely on the long term shopping list. This is for my first reef tank and im only in the cycling stage right now but trying to be best prelared as possible.
Iv noticed that red sea only make power compacts in the white 60/40 blue. They have actinic and coral plus bulbs for the 250 size which sucks that they dont make for the 130 :/
So far in australia all iv found is a brand called dymax t5 marine which i bought and they seem alright although i couldnt find all good technical information about them or reviews really either. That brand also has a half white half pink bulb for sale. If i was to add that also would i be risking it not having enough white light?

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

DaveK

Led is definitely on the long term shopping list. This is for my first reef tank and im only in the cycling stage right now but trying to be best prelared as possible.
Iv noticed that red sea only make power compacts in the white 60/40 blue. They have actinic and coral plus bulbs for the 250 size which sucks that they dont make for the 130 :/
So far in australia all iv found is a brand called dymax t5 marine which i bought and they seem alright although i couldnt find all good technical information about them or reviews really either. That brand also has a half white half pink bulb for sale. If i was to add that also would i be risking it not having enough white light?

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Since you plan to upgrade in the future to LEDS, and your still cycling the tank, just go with the stock lighting. Save your money for the time being. Yes, LEDs are the hot new lighting to have and all that, but the stock lighting is far from bad.