Antics Red Sea Max C-250

Pogipoints

Hello Pogipoints,

Welcome to Reef Sanctuary!

If you have the C-250 like I do you're going to want to order two of the Innovative Marine Spin Stream nozzles. You can purchase them from your LFS or make an online order at Amazon, Marine Depot, or Bulk Reef Supply.

The kit will include adapters and one will fit over the stock nozzles on the C-250. However, this might make your output a little long so I suggest you cut it slightly shorter to make it more snug with the nozzle. I used regular undersized vinyl tubing and boiled the ends to ensure a tight fit and worked them over the nozzle and the spin stream.

I'm using 60 pounds of Fiji Pink and have zero sand movement in relation to the Spin Streams after installing them.
thank you very much... i will look for it today, do i need 2? i only have a problem in pump 1,, the bigger pump.

silver97

SSSSooooo jealous of those gold nugget clowns.....
My LFS has a pair in one of their display tanks (not for sale:ambivalence:) and they have turned a ridiculously beautiful shade of gold, their maroon is so dark against the gold it looks like purple on the borders of the 2 colors. I might have to just get a nano tank where I can have those ones.

Antics

thank you very much... i will look for it today, do i need 2? i only have a problem in pump 1,, the bigger pump.
You could try with only one on the large pump and then get another if the problem persists.
SSSSooooo jealous of those gold nugget clowns.....
My LFS has a pair in one of their display tanks (not for sale:ambivalence:) and they have turned a ridiculously beautiful shade of gold, their maroon is so dark against the gold it looks like purple on the borders of the 2 colors. I might have to just get a nano tank where I can have those ones.
I know what you mean. I was really set on the Gold Flake until I saw the Nuggets in person. Mine are fighting a little rougher than I like so I have one separated in a breeding net for now. I was going to let them fight it out but the less dominant one was getting its fins really beat up. I know its difficult to bond Maroons, but I think with enough time I will (hopefully) be successful. One is naturally going to get larger than the other just on the amount of feeding so I will try to release it into the community after a couple of weeks. Hopefully by then his fins will be healed.

Antics

Looking good. I'm using the ati's as well in our c250 and liking the more blue color.

In my c250 I have some sps corals and they are doing (as far I can judge) very well. They grow rapidly, open up nice. They are halfway up in the tank. Some even a bit lower.
Everything stock here except the light bulbs they are ati since a month or so.
Don't see any difference in grow and opening upwith the red sea bulbs. Was a bit worried about that with the change of lights.
To be honest, I like the lps corals more as the sps. They are friendly waving to you. The sps are just sticks in the water, not very exciting.
Like you more of the Euphyllia will come to my tank in the future.

Keep up the good work. Looking good.
Thanks for the post Rini! I agree, LPS definitely seem to have more personality. :p

I like the ATI bulbs more than the Red Sea so far. I have no idea on growth difference because my tank isn't nearly mature enough for me to even have a metric. I just like the bluer look the colors of my coral and fish seem to pop out more, especially in photography. I want to do SPS in the upper half of my C-250, but I really want to get my water clear first. I'm not sure if its sand or a bacteria bloom right now. My fox face might need to go if its the former, since he's the only one who digs. :D

Antics

Day 43 - "Frags ahoy!"

Haven't really had anything new to update with. My Gold Nugget Maroons are still fighting. Trying to be patient and hope that they can eventually get along. One of them is clearly more beat up than the other so hoping the bullied fish will submit and they can get along. They were fine the first week or so but then overnight it seems like a battle took place.

I've been told that it's annoying, difficult, and time consuming to get Maroon clowns in general to pair up and act right. I have a 40 Breeder that has been up and running the entire duration of my C-250 that could become a permanent home for my smaller clown, but I'd really not like to do that until it's a last resort.

In other news, my aquarium has had a ridiculous explosion of pods. They're everywhere, all over the glass, the sand, the rock. I'd say easily thousands of them. My Anthias are loving it, just sitting up against the glass and eating them one by one.

That's all great but my water is very cloudy. I don't know what it could be. I don't think its a bacterial bloom because everything has been fine parameter wise and the "bloom" would have been going on for close to three weeks. I've never experienced cloudiness that lasted that long. It's not sand because my powerheads don't move the sand bed at all. The only time sand is kicked up is when a fish darts towards the bottom to grab food. It looks like a fine dust is floating around. I really don't know what to make of it. Kind of frustrating to be honest, but I figure it will go away in time. The system is still very new and lacks the maturity I'm accustomed to as far as the aquariums I interact with daily.

I've added a few more frags to the aquarium this weekend. I'm probably going to get a couple larger colonies in the near future and then begin working on SPS for the upper half of the system. That is probably a little ways off because I don't want to do anything until I figure out my clarity issues.

I'm planning on getting a new lens for my camera in a couple of weeks. I took some photos today to try and show off some of the coral's I've recently introduced. Hope you guys like them. :)

GNRRmcx.jpg

9u8TcPx.jpg

hhn5Qpj.jpg

9XPZIIY.jpg