Any plans for a larger C series?

Seton

I would like to move up to a larger tank one day but don't want the open top systems currently available and do like the plug and play complete set up with the C.

Anyone know if there could be a 350/400 in the pipeline?

Antics

I kind of doubt it to be honest. I think the market is shifting more toward the Reefer line of aquariums, and Red Sea seems to support this by releasing the Reefer XL's. Just my two cents. I agree though, I'm not a fan of open top systems either!

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
I would like to move up to a larger tank one day but don't want the open top systems currently available and do like the plug and play complete set up with the C.

Anyone know if there could be a 350/400 in the pipeline?
Hi Seton, We never say never but as Antics suggests the market now calls for open topped aquariums with LED lighting.

Seton

Hi Seton, We never say never but as Antics suggests the market now calls for open topped aquariums with LED lighting.

Do the open tops not come with their own problems, like evaporation and condensation? Especially for those of us living in the cold and damp UK!

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Not really, the Reefer has been on sale now in the UK for some 17 months, it is receiving excellent reviews, the aquatic industry has been selling open topped Marine Aquariums now for many years, Red Sea Max closed topped aquariums like the 130/D / C and Max 250 & C variants whilst popular were only a small percentage of aquariums with closed tops over open topped.

Seton

I'm surprised that the closed systems are only a small percentage. Thing is I love the S series but too much for my pocket and the Reefer series state that they are for advanced reefers, which I'm not. Plus I don't feel competent enough to know the correct equipment to put in it

Last edited:

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Seton, you will not have any issues setting up a Reefer, whilst yes we suggest it is for advanced aquarist have faith, there are many folks who have never had an aquarium ever, with the support available from a good retailer you will not have an issue, you in time will become an advanced aquarist I'm sure.