Anyone with an S series upgrade to the new LEDs?

Antics

I've seen the upgrade on a tank at work. Looks nice but it hasn't been long enough to fairly compare then to the t5s. Jury is still or in my opinion!

Salty150

From what I read, I guess Red Sea tested LEDs extensively for more than 3 years on the effects of corals and only brought it out because their testing was positive.

Sooren

Had them from launch on my S500
Superb lights, Red sea also have a downloaded file that you can import with their suggested settings.
As you would expect from Red sea a clean install.

DaveR11

Early days but I like them.

The SPS seem to be doing well as do the softies. The LPS are not so good but some of that is down to my copperband. Still not settled on the colour spectrum yet - I need to do more reading on the subject. I'm using the Red Sea profile but with added red. The corals have more 'pop' than under the T5s but it is more difficult to take photos....

s3agull

Interested in this thread! Have had a S-500 since launch & have been hanging out for this upgrade for years. Have been told these units are finally (almost) available in Australia - so looking to pick one up ASAP. Keen to read some user reviews & see what you all think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parisian

I have upgraded my S400 3 weeks ago, the acclimatation program is ending today. I have ordered 3 led modules instead of 2, and I think it makes a difference.
So far I am happy with it, the color setup provided by RedSeaKev looks great. I don't see any difference on my corals, the only difference for the time being is that my chiller does not need to work at all, and that is great!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
@s3agull

welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :nessie:

s3agull

So, have just purchased the upgrade kit and hope to pick up tomorrow [emoji1]

Existing tubes are well overdue for replacement and am starting to have massive issues with green hair algae for the first time since moving to saltwater years ago. All other parameters are reading normal, so hoping this will not only look much better but fix that issue as well.

Am sure people will be keen for pics etc so will post some once I get it all set up...

s3agull

All set up & running [emoji1360]
Still playing around with the timers but overall am very happy so far. Massive aesthetic improvement vs old T5 tubes.