MAX LED Lighting

modulok

Has anyone found a seller in the US to place order for s500 led upgrade?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

BB1023

Hello again: I just received my RS LED upgrade kit from the US distributor. The package via UPS one metal rail was exposed along the bottom (check package closely) and no instructions or warranty card if any from Red Sea. I will call distributor in Houston Tx today.

Is there a video on assembly?Does not look hard but after spending this much I don't want to make a mistake. HELP

Also if someone has that special lighting setup mentioned on forum please send it via e-mail.
Thanks,
Bob

Cara Richman

Hello again: I just received my RS LED upgrade kit from the US distributor. The package via UPS one metal rail was exposed along the bottom (check package closely) and no instructions or warranty card if any from Red Sea. I will call distributor in Houston Tx today.

Is there a video on assembly?Does not look hard but after spending this much I don't want to make a mistake. HELP

Also if someone has that special lighting setup mentioned on forum please send it via e-mail.
Thanks,
Bob
The new Max S owners manual PDF on Red Sea site has been updated to include assembly of LED chassis. It's really easy...took me about 20 minutes to put together. The hardest part has been the app on my phone. ;-)

BB1023

I called Red Sea distributor in Houston, they send me the link and yes it didn't take too long to install, concerned about the screws; mine went in very tight-feared striping like the ones supplied with tank cabinet frame.

I agree with Cara, It took forever to tie onto the network website and am still having problems with programing. I would suggest including a suggested auto program for easy programing. My night light is still not working "moon rise & moon set". If anyone has found a YouTube video on programing please advise. Thanks

I purchased my kit from Fish Tank Direct in Florida. I first called Distributor and they had one available, seams I got the first one. I believe they are available they just have to receive an order and they assemble parts and package.

BB1023

I am new to this forum, not sure how to send an email to REDSEAKEV to have him send me an email with the RS lighting program. Please advise.
Bob

Cara Richman

RedSeaKev provides a readymade program: you just have to send him an email. Once you have the file, you just need to upload it, the colors are excellent.
I got the file and can't figure out how to launch the XML file on the My AI page. I don't see an upload button, and all I get when I drag the file to the page is HTML code. Could you help a techno-moron out? :D

Cara Richman

And nevermind...I accidentally hit auto and lo and behold found the button for downloading. Sometimes it pays to click your way around mindlessly.

modulok

Question for those who have setup all three lights....How do I pair them together? I have three parents and can't seem to find out how to make one parent with two children.

Seems like they are stuck in stand alone mode and its not documented how to reset them.

Hi Choff!

Edit: OK reset all lights (hold button until led flashes red), and have one parent and two childs.

Last edited:

modulok

Can anyone post a pic of how the lights are mounted and secured in the chassis.

Edit: nevermind I figured it out. Pic attached

Can someone explain or post pic of the power supplies in operation? Do they just hang on the upper part of the rear of the tank?

692d2eab70392ca16d9208084bb08e85.jpg

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

adamsfour

I have the RSM S 400 and installed the LED grade a few weeks ago. I added a third light to to Kit and its outstanding. I am considering adding a 4th. I didn't like the spread with 2 and its much improved with 3.

IanReefer

For what it's worth, Steve's LEDs came out with a new crazy easy fixture to install in the RSM250 and RSM130. Only takes a few minutes, no drilling, etc.

Also, my buddy just put in the Steve's fixture for the S-500, and it is more than twice as bright as his stock lighting. Took him about an hour to install. He asked for my help and I showed up an hour later and he was already done and putting it back over the aquarium. Awesome light spread, realistic shadows and really good looking shimmer.

suspiria2

Put in my order for the Red Sea LEDs for my S-650 through my LFS. They should have them in about 2-3 weeks. They have an S-500 in store with the new lights and it looks really good. Also with all the hot weather I have been keeping the T-5s down to a couple of hours a day, it was 113 F yesterday, fortunately I have a chiller installed.

AJWills

Hi we have a Rsm250 and considering changing to Steve's LEDs... Will it make a great deal of difference to our corals will the colours be better?