In mourning

MNRAM

I'm in mourning about my Copper Band Butterfly. I have had her for over 6 months with not any
problems what so ever. I went to feed my tank and low and behold she was in the Condies tentacles. I
tried to revive her like you see in documentaries. By gently squeezing her sides gently and moving
her through the water, but it was too late.

Now there are two scenarios; Ether she died and the Condy grabbed her when she maybe had floated by before she was still trying to survive. Or she got too close to the Condy and it grabbed her. But I think it was the that she died.If she swam by and grabbed her I'd think she would have been strong enough to get away. I've read where if a bigger fish keeps harassing a CBB they may die. The guilty party would be the Scopas Tang, Miss Piggy. I've been trying to catch that Tang for months or more. I've got so many rocks and corals in my 80 gal Nuvo, I would have to tear down the entire tank that is full of rocks and corals. I read where that is one of the hardest fish to catch. Copper Bands are hard to feed the way they like to feed in the wild. She would eat out of my hand with a block of Brine along with my Long Nosed Hawk fish. I'm glad that I have a video of the two eating from my hand.

No more Copper Bands for me.

cracker

MNRAM Sorry to hear about the Copper band, They are my favorite fish. They do need special care with feeding.A s for the tang. You need a fish trap! I have one . It's a simple box trap made out of acrylic. I will ship it to You if You want. Guaranteed to trap that fish ! Miss piggy will be the 1st to enter the trap.

PCDS

I feel for you. I am in mourning for my Kole tang at the moment. I tried a CBB once but my Yellow tang harassed it too much and it too didn't make it. The yellow tang is about 7 years old and gets grumpier each year!
I have also had good luck with a fish trap to catch a very skittish naso tang that had out grown my tank. Good luck.

MNRAM

THANKS TO ALL for your condolences!!

I also made a trap, in fact I made two and put one at each end, but Miss Piggy is a smart critter and knows what's happening.
But, I am just as diligent trapping her as she is as diligent not to go in. One day she will
screw up and go in, that will be a very happy day for me!!

Thanks again to all....Mark

MatroxD

Sorry about your loss.. CBB are one of my favorite species also. But I have lost every one I tried to keep.. They are heartbreakingly difficult.. Best of luck with your tang issue...

Sent from my SM-N920F using Tapatalk