Desmond

1656dfcf1909dea41681601d4097b32f.jpg

c768023873587aeb25f83e3cd823f075.jpg

ac360e5c1f6a42cc17698fe7940c2fb2.jpg

e8840dc6d01aeb125d2dc8f8b0e5e718.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Desmond

Tank and zoa's are looking great! :)
Thanks i have some new zoa coming in a week or 2 :) Rasta , LA Lakers , Sunny D , Candy apple red and whammin watermelons on a nice piece of rock 10 cm X 10 cm . Cant wait to get it just need to make some space :)

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Thanks i have some new zoa coming in a week or 2 :) Rasta , LA Lakers , Sunny D , Candy apple red and whammin watermelons on a nice piece of rock 10 cm X 10 cm . Cant wait to get it just need to make some space :)
What a gorgeous mix! Can't wait to see some pics of them :)

Adrienne

Your tank is looking great. I've just picked up a 130D to use as a QT tank. It has a media rack and the skimmer is a reef octopus (I think). I was wondering if you could assist me with something. Wha is supposed to go in the far right compartment of the sump area? I notice it doesnt fill up by itself like the rest of the sump when the main tank is filled.

Desmond

Your tank is looking great. I've just picked up a 130D to use as a QT tank. It has a media rack and the skimmer is a reef octopus (I think). I was wondering if you could assist me with something. Wha is supposed to go in the far right compartment of the sump area? I notice it doesnt fill up by itself like the rest of the sump when the main tank is filled.
Hi thanks been hard work and effort but very happy with it. I am not 100% sure I understand you. If you mean when you are looking straight at the tank on the very right is where the power unit goes in and does not fill.
The start of the back sump from right to left looking at the tank water comes in. That section has media rack directly under. Next is bubble trap and then return pumps.

Adrienne

Well now I feel like a total idiot and am so glad I asked you. After reading what you said I stuck my hand down that side and sure enough I can feel the power unit there! I'll have a better look at it tomorrow in the day light as there is no ceiling light in the room it is sitting in.

Have you kept your original skimmer - if so how do you find it? I've read a lot about the skimmers being very sensitive. I have the C250 which had a supposedly improved skimmer and that is bad enough! I am wondering about bringing in the 130D skimmer unit when I get a few parts that are missing from the tank I got - or need replacing, but if the skimmer is hard to work with then I'll leave it be.

Desmond

Well now I feel like a total idiot and am so glad I asked you. After reading what you said I stuck my hand down that side and sure enough I can feel the power unit there! I'll have a better look at it tomorrow in the day light as there is no ceiling light in the room it is sitting in.

Have you kept your original skimmer - if so how do you find it? I've read a lot about the skimmers being very sensitive. I have the C250 which had a supposedly improved skimmer and that is bad enough! I am wondering about bringing in the 130D skimmer unit when I get a few parts that are missing from the tank I got - or need replacing, but if the skimmer is hard to work with then I'll leave it be.
If you look on the side of the tank the box for power unit clicks out. No I have changed the skimmer as I did not like it. I have a sump in my tank now and use tunze 9004. Before I installed sump I used the intake media rack with tunze 9001 but it was still important to have an auto top of unit. I use the Tunze osmalator on the tank.

Adrienne

Thanks for all your help. I've got the power unit out now and plugged in everything. It is running well albeit the return pumps are a bit noisy - they need washers on them. The seller neglected to tell me the tank had been empty for 18 months before he sold it so bits have dried out. I'm in the progress of sussing out replacement parts for some of it. Not sure if I will get the original skimmer as the one that has come with the tank seems to work well even if I cant get the skimmer cover part of the lid on over it. It's not going to be in the living areas of the house anyway.
It was a very good deal as it is $170 NZ :)
ATO - I will get one, I already have one on each of my other tanks. However I wont be getting a chiller for this tank. Two chillers in the house are enough!
I'll continue to follow your thread with interest. So glad you posted here.

Desmond

Thanks for all your help. I've got the power unit out now and plugged in everything. It is running well albeit the return pumps are a bit noisy - they need washers on them. The seller neglected to tell me the tank had been empty for 18 months before he sold it so bits have dried out. I'm in the progress of sussing out replacement parts for some of it. Not sure if I will get the original skimmer as the one that has come with the tank seems to work well even if I cant get the skimmer cover part of the lid on over it. It's not going to be in the living areas of the house anyway.
It was a very good deal as it is $170 NZ :)
ATO - I will get one, I already have one on each of my other tanks. However I wont be getting a chiller for this tank. Two chillers in the house are enough!
I'll continue to follow your thread with interest. So glad you posted here.
No worries at all. If it's a frag tank I would just keep it simple buddy Tunze skimmers work perfect. I have the original skimmer sitting in my storage don't use it all all. Did you say you are in New Zealand pitty would give it for free but I am sure postage would not be worth it. Hopefully someday I can upgrade but the boss man is not mad about tanks.

Adrienne

Thanks - yes NZ and it is going to be a QT tank for my fish as the shops over here in general are not that great at providing healthy fish to the public :) Enough said about that.

Desmond

Thanks - yes NZ and it is going to be a QT tank for my fish as the shops over here in general are not that great at providing healthy fish to the public :) Enough said about that.
Ahh your a long way from me I would have thought that you could have got a great selection of fish and corals over there