My 600 gallon reef tank

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
I bet the flow is much better eh?

Do you have humidity problems at all? I am looking into HRV units now but wondering if that's overkill vs just getting an exhaust fan.

I bet the flow is much better eh?

Do you have humidity problems at all? I am looking into HRV units now but wondering if that's overkill vs just getting an exhaust fan.
I installed the ac and vent because I was having humidity build up issues in my whole house. The house ac return is right by the tank room, which was great when it was running, but when it got cold outside and my house ac doesn't run for a few days, I would get condensation on Windows and almost a fine mist on the floors in areas close to tank room. The tank room ac system has been up running for about a week now. the house has zero signs of the humidity issue anymore! In the room, I still have the need to turn on the vent several times a day, which in now on a timer switch.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
yeah i bet you are putting anywhere from 6-10g of water into the air a day with a big tank like that. I'll be half that size so i'm trying to figure out the best way to deal with the humidity. House will be AC but i'm looking into something specific for the basement where the tank and fish room will be housed.

StirCrayzy

There are some pretty slick automatic thermostat/ humidistat vent units at the big box stores that will do for for most average applications that don't require the big unit shown above.