Am I the only newbie?

Jayne51

Have so many questions but feel I am taking all the posts!! Anyone else had their tank running for a couple of months?

PCDS

Don't worry, when we are having problems we tend to post more often.
If you look back a month or so, I was posting loads! Newly set up tanks do go through teething problems. The bacteria numbers needed to handle the bio load is still developing.
my coral tank is about 5- 6 months old and I am still chasing numbers.
I probably was a bit too hasty filling the tank with expensive corals.
You never stop learning in this hobby so we all feel like a newbie at least some times.

DaveK

Everyone here was new to this at one time or another. Over the years, I have made just about every mistake possible.

Don't feel bad about asking questions, but if your problem is a common one, you can often do a search on the forum and find your answer right away.

You'll find people that just set up their tank to people that have had their tank going for years.

MatroxD

Couldn't agree more.. Ask away.. We all wee new, and we all are still learning.. I know I am despite being in this hobby most of my life..

There is always something new. And also, there are always different ways to achieve your goals.. In the process, you might just shed light on something more experienced users may not know, or honestly had forgotten about.. So post away!

Sent from my SM-N920F using Tapatalk

woolleson

I'm even newer than that! Filled mine with water last night and the only thing in there is rock and a bottle of ammonia [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

As others ask, rather ask and loose life stock or waste money. One thing I've always found reefers are some of the best forum friends you can have [emoji1305]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Therapy

I will add a new twist that agrees with what others are saying. I was in (deep) in the hobby for over 10 years. Even had a small business. Took time away for personal family reasons and am now getting back in after a 10 year absence. I am a newbie once again. So much new material and products along with new discoveries that I and others will always be newbies. Thank god I can count on these forums to help me sort out best methods.

Welcome. Don't be afraid to ask. Better ask than to run into trouble that turns you off to reefing. Seen that b4 too.

cracker

Dracko I respectfully disagree. The term "Newbie " Is a politically incorrect term. We are all "Beginners" ! LOL

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
@zeeGGee @woolleson

welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :nessie:

woolleson

@zeeGGee @woolleson

welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :nessie:

Thanks for the great welcome!

I'm in the process of updating my tank and started the build here :

New Red Sea reefer 350 voyage
http://www.ultimatereef.net/forums/showthread.php?t=784536

Sort of getting back into it after falling out of love when I had issues with my rsm130d, but got the bug again!

J x