TEA's RSM C250

TEA

Looking good! I love clams. :D
Thank you. I've always liked them too. I've stayed away from them since I really don't want to kill anything I pay good money for. Oh well, it was an impulse buy and I guess you don't know until you try. I'll do everything I can to keep it healthy though.

Antics

Ive always had pretty good success with clams personally, wouldn't consider them hard at all as long as the tank is reasonably mature and it has a proper maintenance schedule. Good luck! :D

Reactions: TEA

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
@Toyotacolin

welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :nessie:

TEA

9bb8e7e8c7da07b09dcee2a641bb0e41.jpg

The clam kept jumping / tumbling / falling off the rock work. Even sitting him on a rock on the sand bed didn't work. Guess he wants to be in the sand. Let's see how it goes.

Evan
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Antics

Whenever I've owned clams they were always fine on rocks but seemed happiest on the sand bed. Just my own experience with 3-4 clams. ^_^

Reactions: TEA

MatroxD

Yes, same here with the clams.. Mine moves a little, but I'm not sure whether it is all the flow in the tank or he isn't happy.. It is a blue 5" maxima.. This it's the first I've placed on the sand bed, and only the 2nd clam I've owned.. The previous one I had in rocks also.. He stayed there, but did not grow much.. This one,I am already seeing little new ridges forming..

I'm eating also, as if there is anything I may not know,I may pick up..

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

TEA

Well, went to ReefAPaloozaNY a couple weekends ago. Great experience and glad I got to see it since I was working during MACNA in DC. We brought home an absolutely beautiful Palythoa. Never had a Paly but have plenty of thriving Zoas. We put it in the tank after a dip (just to be safe) and for the next week it was alive but not opening up much at all. We then went away on a weeks vacation only to come back and find NOTHING! [emoji17] The coral simply isn't there anymore. Very disappointing to say the least. Either it melted away while we were gone or decided to take a walk elsewhere and we just don't see it. [emoji15]

Evan
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk