Radion XR30w in RSM130

mhago

I have just installed the radion. It is amazing!!!

Recently I replaced the original T5 by led made by a local store. The corals were fine, but I didn't like. It was too blue/ purple

I will not install in the hood, I bought the RMS kit and I will took the hood out. I prefer the best light quality to sps/lps instead of the beauty of the reef with the hood

I made a film before with leds made by store:

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

mhago

Well.... I was not able to upload the movie.... But telling the story, I am using acclimation of 20 percent and max intensity of 50 percent. I am afraid to harm the corals. If you have a different suggestion let me know.
But I can tell you something : the lights are really great!

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Antics

Radions are definitely strong. Keep an eye on them and be patient with the acclimation.

Did you try Youtube for your video upload?

mhago

I will try with a better resolution later. But the lights are great. It is a different reef now. But it is important to take care. I put in the acclimation mode with 20 percent of 50 percent. But after 1 week acclimation mode changed to 40 percent... I noticed 1 day after the corals are a bit hurt...,

Now I turned off acclimation mode and put 10 percent of intensity. Now I will gradually increase

Best

Antics

Yeah, it's definitely best to go slow when acclimating to LEDs. I think Radion's are super bright too. Best to take it slow and do it infinitesimally.

mhago

Hi All, you wil be the first ones to be updated. It is almost 1 am in Brazil, but I need to tell the good news. As I told you before, I decided to took out the hood because my priority is the fish and corals with proper lights. As I also told you, lights are great, I am increasing 1 percent every 3 days (currently at 13 percent).

Well the disadvantage was the evaporation rate (now it is much more relevant without the hood) and the external appearance.

Well, no more issues: I installed the nano tunze osmolator. It is fantastic. Now the skimmer tunze is with the right level all the time and I don't need to put water all the time:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

And regarding external appearance, my problems are over. And I would like to thank Steve from InTank: I have just received the filtration cover. See below. Actually it is important to mention Steve. I bought the media basket with him 3 years ago, I bought the lights and mounting kit with him and he supported me all the time with ideas on installation and etc. Thank you, Steve!
I am very happy.
image.jpeg

I can't show with lights on now, because fish are sleeping, but I will keep you updated showing the corals with increasing intensity on the lights.

See you folks!