Cost to have a company move tank?

RSMRyan

The thought of having to move with my tank is one that keeps me up into the wee hours of the night....okay not really, but it does scare me.

Wondering if anyone has ever paid an aquarium moving company to move their tank and if so, how much did it cost?

It'll be an RSM250 so about 55 gallons plus a sump.

DaveK

I don't know of anyone that moves tanks for a living. I would tend to think that there is just too much risk for your average Aquarium Maintenance Company.

Keep in mind that moving a tank requires a complete tear down and setup, even if you save everything.

How far are you moving?
What do you currently have in the tank?

Perhaps the move isn't as bad as you think.

Pat24601

That was going to be my reaction. I'm just not sure it exists.

People get through it somehow. It isn't fun, though,

Antics

Moving a tank is never fun, but I think at the 250 level it wouldn't be nearly as bad as you're imagining. Distance really determines difficulty in my opinion.

fsamir

I usually move the live stock myself and pay removalists to move the tank. It is at least one less thing to worry about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oceanicmike

I was quoted by my LFS between $400-$600 depending on if I was going to help. I am going to be moving within 5-10 miles of where I am now. RSM 250 established reef about 4 years old. It's worth it to me considering all the stress from moving in general. Nice to have the help from people that do it for a living.

Antics

I was quoted by my LFS between $400-$600 depending on if I was going to help. I am going to be moving within 5-10 miles of where I am now. RSM 250 established reef about 4 years old. It's worth it to me considering all the stress from moving in general. Nice to have the help from people that do it for a living.
Hard to put a price on peace of mind! I agree that paying someone knowledgeable might be a good route.I don't consider it laziness or effort issue, but instead a security or protection against someone making a careless mistake.

Pat24601

Hard to put a price on peace of mind! I agree that paying someone knowledgeable might be a good route.I don't consider it laziness or effort issue, but instead a security or protection against someone making a careless mistake.

I'd totally pay that to have someone move it too. I'm just not sure I could get someone to do it. My LFS definitely wouldn't and I don't think any of the maintenance people I know would either.

If you have someone that will, though, that's awesome!