Dumb question about RODI unit.

zchauvin

Just set up unit, it is four stage. Noticed the first two canisters filled up, then could see water moving through DI resin, but there is a small stream of water coming from top of DI canister into it. In other words, not all the water is going through the DI resin, some is in actual container. Is this correct or do I need to make sure DI container is sealed better? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dracko

Should be good. But whenever I get new filters I always drain the first tank of water and let it refill again. Some of your first water may not filter properly, or have small contaminants in it. The filters actually don't start working correctly until after a bit of low, and total soaking.

zchauvin

Thanks, I let the filters run 10 minutes before putting in bucket for ATO water. It is making water but a bad ratio for sure. Pressure is showing right over 40 psi, do I need booster pump?

chipmunkofdoom2

Thanks, I let the filters run 10 minutes before putting in bucket for ATO water. It is making water but a bad ratio for sure. Pressure is showing right over 40 psi, do I need booster pump?

A booster pump could help reduce waste output. What temperature is the water coming out of your tap after running the water for a while? Also, what kind of RO unit is it?

zchauvin

A booster pump could help reduce waste output. What temperature is the water coming out of your tap after running the water for a while? Also, what kind of RO unit is it?

No idea on temp, unit is SpectraPure four stage 90gpd

AirWaterIce

RS Sponsor
Depending on your pressure the DI canister may never completely fill up ...Yes...get a booster pump... I sell a perfect solution for you it is plug and play and its only $130... here is the link. I recommend getting a booster pump if your psi is 40 or less

http://theh2oguru.com/pumps/booster-pump-power-station-for-reefkeepers.html

I'm not trying to sell you one way or the other but after 30 years I know that if you are using sub-micron filters then you're going to need at least 65 psi before you get any desirable rejection rate.

www.airwaterice.com
Email: sales@airwaterice.com
772-461-0256
home of the h2o guru

StirCrayzy

I think I have the same core symptom as Zach, I recently changed all filters, and my DI Canister has barely 1" of water at the bottom, but I have 65psi at the inlet (4stage).
I'm curious what causes this, and whether it affects lower product volume? (My other symptom)

zchauvin

I think I have the same core symptom as Zach, I recently changed all filters, and my DI Canister has barely 1" of water at the bottom, but I have 65psi at the inlet (4stage).
I'm curious what causes this, and whether it affects lower product volume? (My other symptom)
Has to affect product volume, when my other unit was tied into direct water line I had a lot better ratio and this is the only difference now.