Kman's Red Sea 250

Kman237

Quick updat I ended up removing the rock from my fish tank and Torching the Xenia coral from my tank about two weeks ago. Used a little portable blow torch. So far so good. Changed up a Aquascape a little also. Pics to coming.

Question anyone else running a generator like this one power outages?
Honda EU2000 Portable Inverter Generator — 2000 Surge Watts, 1600 Rated Watts, CARB-Compliant, Model# EU2000i

I will probably be picking this up after work today.

Weather has been a little crazy here in Texas and some areas lost power in the last storm. Winter is coming and i know we have a high possibility loosing power in an ice storm.

mtsully71

Good idea with the torch.......IMO the generator is top notch, very quiet and efficient. I am not an electrical guy, but as long as what equipment you plan to run, in the event of a power outage is under AC Output 120V 2000W max. (16.7A) 1600W rated (13.3A), you should be fine. Maybe some electrical guru will come along and explain it better.

Kman237

Good idea with the torch.......IMO the generator is top notch, very quiet and efficient. I am not an electrical guy, but as long as what equipment you plan to run, in the event of a power outage is under AC Output 120V 2000W max. (16.7A) 1600W rated (13.3A), you should be fine. Maybe some electrical guru will come along and explain it better.

Thanks mtsully17. I only plan on running the pumps and skimmer. Probably the moon light also. Along with a phone charger. As long as I can keep the pumps on and charge my phone Ill be happy :)

Kman237

It's been way to long.
I picked up the generator :)
Honda EU2000I

Here are some updated pics of the tank. Working on getting my new 85 gallon up and running and I will be transferring most of my coral.
Enjoy :cheers:

PS they aren't the best picture done with my Iphone :(
IMG_4668.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
IMG_4668.jpg
[/url] hosting image[/IMG]
IMG_4667.jpg

IMG_4671.jpg

IMG_4669.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
IMG_4669.jpg

IMG_4678.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
IMG_4678.jpg
IMG_4679.jpg

Kman237

I found my Honda 2000 at a pawnshop for $300. It looks and works like new!

Runs so quiet it's hard to tell if it is even on from about 10 feet away.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff this is great to hear. I really needed a generator that wouldn't make much noise. Very reassuring!!! I have mine prepped and ready to go but I haven't started it up yet.

StevesLEDs

RS Sponsor
If the generator has never run before, don't "test" it until you need it. Once you run it for the first time, you then have to run it every 60 days or so to keep the engine seals in good shape. They do test run them at the factory (hence the need to avoid your own test run), but they put in a preservative oil that maintains the seals until fresh gas gets put through it, allowing it to sit on store shelves for years without adverse effect.

Also, drain the gas tank when you are done using it - every time. That's about the only thing in the world that will kill a Honda generator, old gas.

Jeff

Kman237

If the generator has never run before, don't "test" it until you need it. Once you run it for the first time, you then have to run it every 60 days or so to keep the engine seals in good shape. They do test run them at the factory (hence the need to avoid your own test run), but they put in a preservative oil that maintains the seals until fresh gas gets put through it, allowing it to sit on store shelves for years without adverse effect.

Also, drain the gas tank when you are done using it - every time. That's about the only thing in the world that will kill a Honda generator, old gas.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, great information I did not know this. I will defiantly wait for the day I need it.

Andy

Your tank is great. Love all your coral choices. A hammer fan like me! Are you using retro fit led or t5's. Really hope I can get my tank looking half this good

Kman237

Your tank is great. Love all your coral choices. A hammer fan like me! Are you using retro fit led or t5's. Really hope I can get my tank looking half this good

Thanks you for the kind words :)

My RedSea is T5's. I installed some blue led strips for moonlights as the ones the tank came with were old and not really working any more. I bought the tank used and its the first generation 250max. T5's work great but the blue LED's at night really make the color pop I run them 24/7 as it helps when the T5's are on also.

Andy

Thanks you for the kind words :)

My RedSea is T5's. I installed some blue led strips for moonlights as the ones the tank came with were old and not really working any more. I bought the tank used and its the first generation 250max. T5's work great but the blue LED's at night really make the color pop I run them 24/7 as it helps when the T5's are on also.
I have changed my t5's ready for some corals got 3 x ati aqua blue plus 1 x ati aqua blue special 1x ati coral plus and 1 Fiji purple. I also have a blue aqua ray in the hood so overall it looks super bright and should give the corals flourencence a pop with the blue. I love all your corals super bright is the way to go. Really good tank tho......your new one looks reeli stylish