My 200gl

StirCrayzy

I can laugh til I cry everytime I see the the campfire scene in blazing saddles .... As my wife just sits there shaking her head.

cracker

My favorite has to be Young Frankenstein !
20150302hoFrankensteinmag.jpg

Last edited:

cracker

Ok I'm thinking something like this. I can set the drains at a proper level and still keep the sump simple. some of these new sumps I see have all kinds of confusing panels and compartments. One would think You could generate your own power.All it needs is a hydro electric paddle wheel ! All " I " need is to hang a sock under the inputs on the left.

sump-design-diagram-gmacreef-1024x554.jpg

StirCrayzy

Yer a genius Brian ! Of course hydro-electric power generation is the most obvious, but completely overlooked power savings technique in reefkeeping....
Then again, @Paul B has probably been supplementing his solar panels with Generators hidden deep in the NYC water system since 1980...;)
Now I have another project idea to ignore until my kids move out and free up some time.

cracker

Stir Your right! Paul is the Man with the know how and time to design the 1st " Led,solar panel self powered sump" ! Or something along those lines. LOL
Ok the water cleared up over night. I must say this High dollar sand was a lot better than the free sand I got from the golf course. That took a week to clear up. I tried my hand at some aqua scaping today. I think having it just tossed in there method looks better !
also, this synergy overflow is so quiet it's unnerving to me. I had to plug in the skimmer just so it would make a little sound!

Last edited:

cracker

Thanks Saint, There is not much worth a pic at this point. I just reread Prow's old post about cycling a new tank. Sorry I can't figure how to post the thread here. it is a very good read and imo explains a lot of issues Folks have concerning algae issues . I checked it out again as a refresh course ! Believe it or not I actually don't have anything to say at this time!

cracker

Thanks Nana, I'll have to try that. Not sure what a bblinkcode snippet is but i'll sure and try to figure it out!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
You are very welcome - when you click on the number you will see it :nessie: it'a a URL with special BB syntax around it, just click in there, highlight, right click copy, in post, right click paste :) bing, bang, boom done

cracker

Paul we already have seen the solar panels, stir and I want to see Your secret experiments ! LOL
Have You been working on the self propelled sump? No wait ,You don't have sump! Ohh well just a thought.

Last edited:

Paul B

I just experimented on some stuffed calamari. It came out fantastic. But my fish can't have any.

My last experiment was my red, water cooled LEDs for the algae scrubber.:rolleyes:

There is always something going on but as you said, it is a secret. I am working on something that I have been working on for many years. It ain't ready yet. :cool: I also have a new model auto shrimp hatchery/feeder that I tried last week when I was in Key Largo. Works great. :celebrate:

cracker

Just look at that work shop, Ya know just know he's up to something! LOL
On another note, I'm 2nd guessing my decisions on which way to go with the filtration for this tank. At 1st I wanted bioballs because I know the lobster is a big eater. They are very tough animals and can handle high nitrates. Also anything else I put in (compatible) would also most likely be big eaters. I have a really big skimmer for this tank. Then I thought the LR sand bed and skimmer would be better. After all this tank would make a very nice coral only in the future. This way I could put the lobster back into the big tank and keep it fish only. Too many options!
Now I think I need to go back to the bioballs! yikes! I know I need to choose one and stick with it.
what would You do?

Last edited:

Paul B

Why not use bio balls and a skimmer and sand?
That's what I would do.
This is the other side of my indoor work shop

My garage workshop is for larger projects and mostly mechanic and construction projects. My radial arm saw is also in there for large wood projects. Of course I service my outdrives there in the winter.

cracker

This indecision has always been my problem. I just can't choose one thing and see it thru. I don't know what in the Gates of Hades I'll end up doing. I did just tested for Am got zero after 4 days. we shall see!
Paul, Those outdrive? There is no way they came off the Sea Dancer. You keep that boat too clean!

Paul B

The salt water here will eat through rocks. That's what they look like at the end of the summer. It is only the white anti fouling paint wearing off. I also power washed them. When I paint them in the spring, they will look brand new, for a month anyway.
I do keep her clean. I even built a shield under the engines that will keep any oil from going into the bilge. I scrub under there also because I hate grease. Not the play, but the oily stuff.

cracker

I wish I could scrub the bilge in my proline. I'm too fat to fit into the access hatch ! I'm really not too fat it's the access that's too small!
Do You run raw water thru the manifolds/cooling channels or is it a closed system with an exchanger ?