Back in hobby after 25 years.

meknudson2

Very nice looking fish the puffer is really neat looking. Did you loose the nem? I was thinking it looked a little bleached out but I wasn't sure if it was one that just looks like that.

BryanD

i think it died but it hides in/behind the rock all the time.. has a death wish. has a wing conch and a wedge hare in there now trying to get the diatoms under control.

BryanD

Yes , i had suspected as much but confirmed it with an early morning flashlight recon mission... ewwwww

added a leopard wrasse as the LFS couldn't locate their nudibracs

im afraid id crash tank with flatworm exit right now,

will add a sock and between baster blasting and siphoning hope to reduce them a bit before i add exit.

BryanD

2e87bafbf07e3286bf0f9380016aef8c.jpg
205415672e69dc4fa4091fd4a37ada32.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

BryanD

Still having some issues with cyano algae (a little) and brown diatoms (a lot). Will ignore the flatworms but working on that issue.

Have reduced the feed and have increase my water flow to see if that helps.

I now have

--> 2 x 425gph Koralia Nanos and 1 x 1200gph on wave-maker

--> 1 x 450gph sump and 1 x 450 circulation pump (both on same circuit)

Last edited:

BryanD

OMG what is with me and fire shrimp. I dripped him for over 1 hr and added him to the tank. 20 mins later its dead.

BryanD

OK something weird is happening.

Took back the hawkwing conch and the puffer.

That left Leopard and my unknown juv wrasse, Clown and his LTA, Pistol and his watchman and 2 peppermint shrimp. The sea hare i haven't seen at all for 2 week but its very nocturnal. So i added 2 shrimp.

Fire shrimp died 2 days ago.
Cleaner shrimp is now missing
Watchman started acting weird. Swimming around the top of tank and acting odd. Looks like his thinking about dying.
Cant find the peppermints!

Arghhh.

Oxylebius

What are you ammonia, nitrite and nitrate levels?
Are you running carbon? With all those flatworms, I'd run carbon just in case they start dieing off and releasing the toxic substances that they carry in them.

BryanD

What are you ammonia, nitrite and nitrate levels?
Are you running carbon? With all those flatworms, I'd run carbon just in case they start dieing off and releasing the toxic substances that they carry in them.
I have carbon. Flatworms mostly gone algae under control... all seemed well parameters are good , salinity is 23 . I have no clue... fish all seem fine but the goby

BryanD

I have carbon. Flatworms mostly gone algae under control... all seemed well parameters are good , salinity is 23 . I have no clue... fish all seem fine but the goby
Did a W/C yesterday and will do another 10% today.

I wondered if the goby was hurt in a tunnel collapse and/or is starving. I didnt see him yesterday so its looking good for him. I tried to get him to feed two days ago during his erratic swimming tour but he would only seem to be looking at it.

Still havent see a shrimp but i hear the pistol cracking his claw every night.

BryanD

Goby still alive. My ballast on MH died but 4 t5 ho's keeping coral happy while I repair.

Any opinions on a 48long by 18 wide by 31 tall tank? Was thinking of getting the 115xt but mixed reviews on it working as a reef do too depth

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Therapy

Shrimp often molt when transferred to a new reef. Main culprit is that they are ridiculously sensitive to changes in salinity. I have seen them die b4 hitting the bottom of the tank if not acclimated slowly. VERY slowly.

My 2 cents.