Johns (MyReefTime) C250 Adventure

myreeftime

Already wrote up an intro in another section. Still learning the ropes of Reef Sanctuary. RSMC250 has been running about a year now - some ups and downs related to being extremely busy. But I'm back all over it now. Not much livestock or coral... but it's looking good - I think :) Parameters normalized, mixing my own RO/DI Red Sea Coral Pro water, dosing CA, KH and Mg when needed. Experimenting with Carbon dosing (Vodka) .5 ML for the tank and 20 ML for me... just to keep everybody happy :) Tank is completely stock except for a TrueLumen 12K Actinic/Deep Blue 36" mounted on the lid with 3M outdoor double sided tape. Pretty cool you can upload photos - I was under the impression you needed to link to the photos externally ?IMG_0701.JPG

Last edited:

myreeftime

Officially kept my clowns alive for a year - I got the idea of using a flower pot from DianaKay. They immediately "Hosted" it. There is a brand new Anemone in the tank - they are completely oblivious to it at the moment.

clowns.jpg

myreeftime

I know some folks have the LifeReef Sump for the RSM250. I'm curious about the feed coming in from the pre-filter. Does it make use of a filter sock or does it drain in directly. If anybody can share some photos of that section of the sump I'd love to see how it flows. I can't tell from photos I've seen online. Thank you in advance.