MAX LED Lighting

LakeLivin

My understanding was a couple months ago that the LED hoods for the MAX S tanks were in prep mode for limited shipping. I have not heard or to be honest spent any time looking for more information since.

I took the T5 hood off my 500 MAX S almost a year ago and mounted Radion 30W pros controlled by my APEX. No issues and they are working as designed. However, I'm not in love with the open tank look any more since one of my anthias took a dive out of the tank and I did not discover it until it was too late. Consequently, I would like to have a full cover hood like the original MAX S hood except with LED's and not the extreme heating T5's.

My advice would be to contact a couple of authorized Red Sea retailers/resellers in your area and ask then to contact the area rep for up-to-date info.

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Folks, we will announce when LED upgrade kits are available via our news letter, I understand the frustration of waiting but we have to be sure all the logistics are in place as well, this will be a worldwide launch so please bear with us.

adamsfour

Can we get an update please on the LED lighting for the S series. I see they are available in the UK, when will US make an announcement.

DaveR11

Can we get an update please on the LED lighting for the S series. I see they are available in the UK, when will US make an announcement.

They are delayed here in the UK. I ordered mine in mid December and was told that delivery was late January or early February. I was in my LFS I ordered them through a couple of weeks ago and asked how things were going. They called Red Sea and delivery is now scheduled for March. Still not a big issue as my car and house insurance are due this month so can spread the pain on my credit card....

adamsfour

Thanks, At least you know something is coming. We have nothing in the US and no accurate promise of when something will appear.

oakleyx

I called red sea us today and they said early March. Too bad we can't pre-order.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Seagars

i have the 650S and there will be a LED option for this tank?
red sea will provide some type of retro fitted arm to completely remove the canopy?
how many AIs will be needed?
Approx cost?

adamsfour

Based on the pictures I have sort of seen for the 650 you would remove all of the existing hardware and replace with a new center section that will fit in the existing rails. For the 650 you would put 3 or 4 AI Hydra 26™ HD (90W). My guess if it 4 AI the costs would be upwards of 2K since the lights run about 350 per until and extra hardware to mount on tank

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
RED SEA MAX S-500 WHITE LED UPGRADE - 3X HYDRA26 HD

£1025 ( found this item cheaper? We'll price match it!

$1430.86 US does this sound about right?
1 British Pound equals
1.40 US Dollar

Last edited:

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Check this out... US in stock ready to ship

https://www.saltwateraquarium.com/m...RLOyhfmSbVLy07BMOFRA76eYoUvqVlJQamRoCIR7w_wcB
(If it says IN STOCK above we have this tank palleted inside our warehouse ready to ship to you. We do not drop ship these from Red Sea like most of our competition. We buy and inventory these in our warehouse so we can guarentee we have them for you and there will be no shipping delays.)

redseamaxe260__51441.1456171652.500.750.jpg