Clown tang

Marty.h

I struggled with mine it ate like a horse but still wasted away there was something missing out of its diet I rekon it had everything Nori,frozen,flake,pellet,grazers so not like it did not have a varied diet.

My other tangs the sailfin and yellow are over 1 inch thick and very healthy so it's one fish I won't go for again.

DaveK

When I first saw a clown tang, I thought I have to get one for my tank. Then I did some checking, and found you need about a 250 gal tank for one, and they are extremely nasty. I knew someone that referred to his as "serial killer" because he couldn't keep anything with it.

That's why they are difficult to keep.

SubRosa

I struggled with mine it ate like a horse but still wasted away there was something missing out of its diet I rekon it had everything Nori,frozen,flake,pellet,grazers so not like it did not have a varied diet.

My other tangs the sailfin and yellow are over 1 inch thick and very healthy so it's one fish I won't go for again.
A fish that eats well and wastes away isn't necessarily missing something from its diet. Animals can be fat and still die from a deficiency of an essential nutrient. Your fish likely came with intestinal parasites.