Back in hobby after 25 years.

BryanD

Wrasse is settling in and colors are a lot more prominent. Shes a purple/blue band across top of her head, thin blue horizontal lines on body and a white belly. She doesnt think much of camera yet so maybe on weekend i can get a better pic.

BryanD

91dc5a2b9af3f78c058a3d727ce23476.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Oxylebius

I picked up a yellow watchman. Bit of a skinny fellow about 1.5 inches long and VERY shy. Been trying to coax him into eating but he isn't a very aggressive muncher.

I have been using frozen brine but i cant confirm he eats (only seen him snag one in 3 days) as he doesnt move much when i watch him. Anyone know of a trick to make him eat?

It has been 5 days since you posted this. How is the fish eating now? Sometimes you can get fish to eat by soaking the food in vitamins or garlic juice. For vitamins, there are several on the market. The type I've used before is vita-chem and I'm currently using selcon. You can pick up garlic food supplements or squeeze some garlic where a drop or two of the juice falls on the fish food. Freeze dried foods are the best to use to absorb both the liquid vitamins and the garlic juice.

BryanD

Soon as I put him the dt he paired instantly and started eating . Pistol Pete went to town and built a new home right in front of tank. Couldn't be happier with them.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

BryanD

rust spots? been getting little brown spots on glass and rocks,, they come off and float around then reattach else where.What would it be and is it bad?

Also a green coraline algae i have noticed last few days. It makes encrusted spots like the pink coraline but is green.

showing no nitrate at all. My fuge is growing well.

My Mexican snails!!! OMG they are HUGE. Shells have doubled at least Been adding a little bio-cal a couple times a week. My peppermint shrimp have molted and are growing like crazy. I think the female was carrying an egg clutch but havent seen her today.

BryanD

Added wave maker and Cebu sun 250w MH with T5's
tank_zpsvjg1fnkr.jpg
So i now have about 1500gph in circulation in the tank via Red Sea Wavemaker Pro.

The return pump is about another 1200gph (rated but there is lots of head loss).

Light is not an issue anymore as i have 4 x T5 HO Actinic blues and 1x 250w MH.

Coraline is growing well and i guess i can add lots more frags.

Will have to keep adding snails as Mr Puffer likes to harass them at time but hes worth it as i laugh every time i see him.

BryanD

loll was turkey baster day,,, flatworm blizzard.... i think will have to clean filter sock tomorrow omg.