Bryan's 120 Reef

Oxylebius

What? Okay if that is the case I'd pay for shipping! Instead of just swinging by your place or nearby location (I have family in Acton, Concord and Pepperell). I will reach out to others in the DC area to see if they split shipping with me for some frags of yours... I still have your spreadsheet.

Hopefully the move isn't too far, so you can keep some of those really nice acros.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Just a few more:

F1FBAB14-9FC5-4BE2-A632-91EABDB0CABA-3729-000001EB452EF508_zpscde88ecb.jpg

4177D752-27FB-410C-89CE-0E496B5B1E84-3729-000001EB55C54F57_zps37bcab1a.jpg

EC94771F-2DA6-4891-9385-A22D1144D197-3729-000001EB644124C6_zps64d812b8.jpg

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Okay, I'll pay for overnight shipping too :p you have some wonderful sticks!! Part if the reason I'm going with a hybrid led-t5 too, going to get the new Giesemann Aurora hybrid :D would have liked 6 bulbs but I'll take 4 and an 85w led :)

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Thanks Dom! That is one heck of a unit. I'll be honest with you, 96% of my stuff was led grown. I had two t5 installed about a year to a year and a half ago and I recently added the additional two about 3 months ago. First pair was only UV and this second pair are the grow lights. Blue plus and 6500k. I added the newest ones so I could get better color on the sides/bottom of my tables.

Long story short, these are Led sticks!

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Thanks Dom! That is one heck of a unit. I'll be honest with you, 96% of my stuff was led grown. I had two t5 installed about a year to a year and a half ago and I recently added the additional two about 3 months ago. First pair was only UV and this second pair are the grow lights. Blue plus and 6500k. I added the newest ones so I could get better color on the sides/bottom of my tables.

Long story short, these are Led sticks!

My sticks are led ones too and I really enjoy the colours you're able to get from them, it's pretty amazing! But seeing that you've added T5's and the colours and growth you continue you to get has pushed me to add some T5's to my upgrade :) That and all the amazing hybrid tanks out there like A Reef In the Sky :D he love's his hybrids and has an AMAZING zeo tank! lol
I'm very keen to see what sort of difference they make and how the shading is affected and what the colours are like, especially if my zoa's or ric's change by any amount :) I'll be watching your tank closely too so we need lots of updates haha

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Well I was going to change my skimmate locker the other morning and I accidentally knocked the coda on that is on top, into my sump. What a mess!

Some got into the display but yesterday I had to take 3-4 hours to remove the sump and clean everything.

Not what I had planned for a Sunday!

Pat24601

Oh man. That does suck. On the bright side, it's good for
Help me out here....
1. What's a skimmate locker?
2. What is coda?

I'm glad I'm not the only one that had these questions.

At any rate, it's kind of good to see that even the experts accidentally spill stuff that ruins their Saturday--even if I don't know what it was that was spilled.

I thought it was just me that did stuff like that.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Help me out here....
1. What's a skimmate locker?
2. What is coda?
My bad! "coda" was supposed to mean i knocked the top cup off which housed the carbon and it spilled into the sump!

The skimmate locker is basically a reactor with a special top on it. the skimmate drain out from the collection cup into the locker and the locker vents upwards "through" the carbon held in the vent cup to reduce the odor. It has a float switch in it where it will shut the skimmer off if it gets too full so this is good for an overflowing skimmer or just a lazy reefer.

Great little invention. Reef Octopus and Avast are the 2 main brands.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Well with the birth of my second son behind us (he arrived Wednesday night!) I can't help but look back at my tank and drool.... I loved that thing although it was a lot of work.

The wheels are turning again and I'll likely go small for the interim. Paging through these pics help get me excited again!