mikes Red Sea max 130 adventure

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Looks good! Love the look of rimless tanks...even if they start off as a RSM 130!

Mjcj34g

Thank you! I am considering this to be my low budget way of having a rimless tank. I would love to upgrade to one someday, guess this will have to do for now. Plus it only cost 2.00 for a box of razor blades to get it all cleaned up....

Mjcj34g

Wow I can't believe it has been over two years since I posted on my own thread......
Well...... I let my tank competely fail over the past year or so! So my wife jumped me and said it was time to get it back in order. After cleaning out 3-4 inches of algae of all kinds, my tank is on the upswing. I also added a lifereef refugium/sump with the lifereef 24" skimmer. Anyone have opinions on live sand vs miracle mud?

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Mjcj34g

5e8170f4a1f9b7351c84aefae09d5635.jpg
0b631df6e5eb2d08fb66f0367b7ec490.jpg

Mjcj34g

What is the safest time frame to bring specific gravity down?
I finally bought a refractometer and it would appear when my hydrometer reads 1.026 it's actually at 1.030.. I would like to safely bring the salinity down where it needs to be.

Mjcj34g

Thank you, I did a 5gal water change last night but dropped the specific gravity to only 1.028 in fear of shocking anything in the tank. I will drop SG a little more next week.

Mjcj34g

Well I broke down and upgraded my Chinese LED's. I decided to go with 2 Ai hydra 26 HD's. I was going to do one hydra 52 HD, but I figured if I upgrade to a larger tank later on, two was better then one. What a difference in looks between the Chinese and the Ai's.
9c518c0009af6d8f96cd138d4e6cba41.jpg