Dog and its nightmares.

Squatch XXL

At least once a week our dog of 5 years will howl a continual and blood curdling wail for minutes at a time. I was in bed early last night (8 15pm) only to be woke up at 1am, unable to go back to sleep.

The dog is very much loved by all of us, and it boggles my mind. He is not in pain at all in any way, and the vets find no issues with health.

There is no reason for this thread, aside to complain about my long morning, and longer day coming up. I can see myself leaving work at lunch.....but If I come home early for a quick nap, I will punish myself with chores around the home. I gave up drinking, so that is not really possible.....I have a 6 30pm appointment, so either way I have to be coherent by that point. I gave up caffeine about a year ago because I have high energy, and it was only making me anxious and allowing my inner-jerk to come out more often.

Most of what I read about the dog-mares is to let them suffer through, and only wake up with voice...which makes sense especially if the dream involves something terrifying....A dream won't be bothered by teeth, but my arm sure would be.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Yeah what kind of dog? I have a golden and he whimpers but never a howl

Squatch XXL

It's problems people have like this, with non-aquarium animals, that I tell them "Stick with fish"! (grin)
No doubt. He was a stray that found me at trade school years back. He is a perfect animal, and very loyal. I generally hate dogs (and cats), but this guy is different. Very smart, very eager to please and very loyal. My family has somehow acquired pets over the years that had no other homes. We currently also have a pair of cats that were certainly abused in some way. One has one working eye, and the other is "milky" and obviously non-working....The other cat looks normal when you see it...every few days. They are both skittish like nothing else, but after a year of keeping them, they are starting to warm up.....Nothing to write home about, but they are acting somewhat content....They still don't like any attention, but that is just a cat.

Id prefer to not have the cats, but it was a trade. I get a fish tank, wife had to have a cat....however, I certainly did say ONE cat, and only one cat....I also can quote myself as saying "Make sure it is not damaged either".....I chose my words very careful, and was really not happy about having 2 cats, both being damaged mentally, and one that gives me the stink-eye every time I come into MY BEDROOM....they seem to think it is theirs. Stink-eye has developed a liking to me, and ONLY wants pet when I am putting socks on. The rest of the time, they hide. We tried to put them out for adoption, but we became concerned by a few messages that seemed like the local thugs wanted to use them as pit-bull toys. One message was literally "I want dem cats". I figured that we give them a good home, irrelevant if they are not great pets. They have no claws in the front, so they at least can't ruin furniture. Old "Stink-eye" has some funny issues with depth perception...including crapping right on the floor while in the litter box, and jumping on top of things and just plain missing. The other one is a slate-grey that is basically invisible in the dark. She vanishes for days at a time indoors. My wife tries to give them affection, but they are still awkward.

The dog is better friends with the grey one than any of us. One-eye cant stand him.

The dog's full name is "Plumb bob" after the tool of the same name. I was in a trade school for plumbing and pipefitting, so it was an appropriate name.

meknudson2

My dog can run for hours barking and sometimes howling it is pretty weird, keeping me up all night because his bed is touching our slider blinds. I lie there waiting for him to stop.