Srkd's RSR 450

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
If you don't have a lot of high flow demanding corals, adjust your gyre flow down a notch or two, or try several different placements.

srkd

If i turn down the flow, i feel like the flow is not hitting the other end or it barely makes it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

srkd

Mayja, i just notice you have placed your gyre on the overflow. Is that xf150 or 130? how is it working out for you?

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I have 2 Gyre 150's and I've tried several configurations and have ended up with having them on the sides horizontal, facing the middle of the tank. I have them at the lowest settings and get more flow than I really need.

srkd

Just found out about jebao gyre. Don't know when it will be available.

srkd

My sump setup.

fe4bcd47d7338aafa9fbcf1946323d41.jpg

srkd

That's the ATO reservoir that comes with the red sea aquarium

StirCrayzy

To Solve a specific problem, or just to convert to a drip Tray ? Is there a need to change, or just want options?

srkd

The stock socks are getting clogged easily and I cant completely clear up the sock when i clean them. How r u guys cleaning the socks?

StirCrayzy

Are they mesh, or felt. Mesh should last a week or two easy, I just hose them out in my laundry tub then put them back in.

Felt socks are barely going to last a week, and are a huge PITA to clean unless you put them in a bleach wash/double rinse in a machine.if the sump is setup with a settling area you could go without them, but I wouldn't take a risk clogging the return unless the settling chamber catches everything