DianaKay's RSM 250

Thanks for the nice vote of confidence & your encouragement :thumber2:
I have hope but at the same time I feel like I'm on a sinking ship :titanic:
I've seen HORRIBLE pictures of tanks that have been taken completely over by Bryopsis :eeknew:
I wish there was an easy to use Magnesium test. There's not :blue: I don't want to kill my fish & corals with lethal mg levels.
I've been plucking & siphoning that awful stuff every week when I do my WC's and it is only starting to get worse. :(
It's still pretty & I'm still trying for now.
You're most welcome, Diana. As I've said before your tank was one of those I've been following and is an inspiration to me even though I've not started my journey couple of years ago...but yours amongst a few others were those I've been following... Although a silent lurker lol.

Well, you could try to mend a sinking ship...tried epoxy? [emoji12] just kidding... Don't let those infested tanks scare you off...I was there...Definitely not fun and had the same feeling. Took certain things apart (it sucks) but managed to get it back well...with lotsa patience and guidance from others in the hobby.

Keep up the great job, you can do it!!! [emoji6]

Oh you might've read this before but just in case if you haven't this is a pretty good read :

http://www.3reef.com/index.php?threads/100365/

Cheers!
-Gary

Sent from my Xperia Z3

mtsully71

I have a feeling you will be just fine Diana, just FYI I am using about 1/2 cup of GFO/carbon in my dual reactor based on about 65-70 gallons of total water volume. I am running 0-004 on phosphates my nitrates are between 0-5 PPM. I have a little green stuff still, but that's due to my new tank cycling and its slowly dying/eaten back.

Don't sweat the mg thing. I have read a lot of info on that and many people have had great success.

GL :heart:

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Took a few pictures today, I'm still in a nasty battle with Bryopsis but it is kindly staying behind my rockscape for the most part. As agressively as I pull & siphon it out during weekly WC's, I'm surprised that it isn't wider spread by now.
Sad part is: I need to frag and give away some corals but because of the Bryopsis....I can't do anything except frag & toss :frown:
My Yellow Leather has split itself & still looks healthy & HUGE.
image.jpeg
You can see the split if you can ignore the Bryopsis :rolleyes2:
This picture is a shot from behind before the leather opened this morning.
Here's a prettier picture without Bryopsis
image.jpeg
This Neon Green Candy Cane is an easy coral to keep....I recommend it to any beginner who likes easy to frag & grow.
Thanks for reading my update :grouphug5::D

Malexiam

Determined to get this sump/fuge up-n-running TODAY. :fingerx:
Used 40 pounds of CaribSea Aragonite Seaflor Special Grade Sand in the refugium and it only made a 4 inch sand bed. The sand bag instructions recommends 2 pounds of sand per gallon for a DSB. It took 15 gal. of SW to fill the fuge. Simple math says I have enough sand but I was just thinking I'd do a 6in. sand bed.
What do you all think? :fishy: I used all the sand I have on hand, do I need more? :ponder2:
null_zpsfb739d35.jpg
[/IMG]

Hi Diana, for some reason i dont see your pictures, I would like to get an idea how your sump looks and all u see in [/img], ?

DaveK

Hi Diana, for some reason i dont see your pictures, I would like to get an idea how your sump looks and all u see in [/img], ?
If you check Diana's profile she was last on here about 2016, so I doubt if you'll get a reply from her. I miss her also.