December 2015 TOTM Nominations!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF
Greetings RS Members!

Whoa! November completely ran away from me with holiday shopping and Thanksgiving. My apologies! Let's vote for December's 2015 TOTM!

Don't forget those who have been nominated in the past, but did not win the coveted title TOTM! We had a lot of great tanks nominated in the last couple months. They are still eligible and can be nominated again.

Previous winners cannot be nominated for one year. Check out the thread List of TOTM winners! to see who has won in the past. This means that November winners from last year can be contenders again! And now dear members, please give submissions for December's TOTM!

Here's how it works:

• RS members will nominate tanks for TOTM by the established due date.
  • After the due date, full tank pictures will be posted for a vote. (If your tank is nominated, you can submit a different picture than the one featured.)
  • The members will have a limited time to cast their votes.
  • Once the votes are in, the moderators will cast their vote.

Member votes and moderator votes are weighted 50/50. In the event of a tie, I will make the deciding vote.

Let the moderators know which tank should be nominated TOTM in this thread! Please give us their name and you can either post a picture of their tank or just point us to their Reef Chronicle.

The winner will have their full tank shot posted in the news header at the top of the RS main page and it will be the header for the RS Facebook page. Plus, you get bragging rights for an entire month!

Nomination due date: 12/03/2015

Yes, you can nominate your own tank.
Yes, if your tank was nominated last month but you didn't win, you can be nominated again!

Nominees will be listed here. A tank only needs to be nominated once to make the list.
Let's see some awesome tanks!

Current nominees:
@Paul B
@Desmond

Last edited:

Pat24601

I think PaulB's tank deserves a nomination as tank of the month. Any system with that amount of DIY projects, extremely difficult to keep fish, unusual aquascape, and being operational all those years deserves this honor.

I had always assumed he had won it before, but I totally agree if not.

Paul B

Oh Stop. There are so many fantastic tanks on this site. Mine is just weird. If it wins, I will accept it but lets consider all the other great tanks. Maybe some with miniature Asian villages and bonsai trees, sunken chests, hard hat divers or plastic jellyfish. :eek:

Paul B

It's not bad for a goldfish tank with fake corals all over it. Looks very realistic if you ask me. Who knows? Maybe goldfish live on reefs but we never see them because lionfish eat them even though lionfish know they are not supposed to eat goldfish. :outtahere:

DaveK

See what happens when you post about a non-reef tank on a reef forum!

They have no idea about what they are looking at. (grin) Note the barbels, body shape, and coloration. Those are Koi, and a lot of other fish. (gin)

Paul B

I know they are Koi, Goldfish, Koi, who cares? They are bait as far as I am concerned. Or dinner. Actually koi probably taste exactly like carp and carp tastes like dirt. :confused:

Pat24601

They have no idea about what they are looking at. (grin) Note the barbels, body shape, and coloration. Those are Koi, and a lot of other fish. (gin)

It has to be a reef tank. It has all those corals.

Pat24601

Now that you mention it, that is one more "exciting artistic choice" about this tank.

Doesn't it seem odd that someone that doesn't know what they are doing and just wants to put a bunch of fish in a tank would go with Koi and not goldfish. I mean, I don't think petco or petsmart even sell Koi.

This tank is brilliant in confounding our expectations.

Pat24601

Ok. Here's a serious nomination.

I'd like to nominate @Desmond . While I know Desmond is relatively new, I think he has put together a great tank and is a great benefit to the community overall..especially other newer RS-130 members.

There are actually a few people I could say that about, btw, and probably deserve the recognition. So don't feel bad if I left your name off the nomination process. Of the people I had in mind, Desmond had the most recent post. :)

Desmond, you probably won't win this month. No one is going to beat @PaulB, but take this for what it is. I appreciate all you do here and the tank you clearly care about greatly!

daa6a0a705dda383637be0c429719667.jpg

Desmond

Ok. Here's a serious nomination.

I'd like to nominate @Desmond . While I know Desmond is relatively new, I think he has put together a great tank and is a great benefit to the community overall..especially other newer RS-130 members.

There are actually a few people I could say that about, btw, and probably deserve the recognition. So don't feel bad if I left your name off the nomination process. Of the people I had in mind, Desmond had the most recent post. :)

Desmond, you probably won't win this month. No one is going to beat @PaulB, but take this for what it is. I appreciate all you do here and the tank you clearly care about greatly!

View attachment 44594
Thank you very much Pat much appreciated. I don't get on for updates as much as I like but am due a big one soon. This place has been a huge help to me with many great people here ☺

Sent from my SM-G870F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.