HELP! Vermatid / tube snail

naterade112886

Is anyone aware of any fish or inverts that's will eat these little buggers. I purchased a rock a while back that I was told had a bunch of feather dusters on it. They are no feather dusters. Instead it'd these annoying tube snails. Some new diamond gobys I added are really mixing up the bottom and these things are everywhere...please help

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

DaveK

I wouldn't worry about them. They are generally harmless. Although you do have to be careful picking up a rock since those tubes can be sharp.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Don't know of anything that eats them, but you can snap them off or glue them shut... +1 ^

welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Hello Naterade :wave:
:rbwwelc:WELCOME to Reef Sanctuary :crowd:

It would be great to find something that would eat the dreaded Vermetid Snails but unfortunately, I don't think there is anything.
I tried at first to remove them but that was a bigger job than I could keep up with. I just pick off the ones that seem to be irritating to a coral and ignore the others. They really don't do major harm...like DaveK mentioned above. Just know you are not alone in your dislike for them :mad:

Start a tank thread & tell us more about your tank :)
:camera:WE L:heart:VE PICTURES TOO :dolphin:
Very BEST WISHES....:cruiser:

naterade112886

So I have read alot recently about this issue it seems superglue in the way to go or manually removing them I guess I'll have to get started

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk