Disease id

Manimore

Please have a look. Little guy died within 2 days. The lfs had them for 6 weeks and they were very healthy when we introduced them two weeks ago. These are the first fish in this tank so very strange.
6fd07338d5a1f4036f5dee3b3a4e31a6.jpg

All the spots are fluffy white not sure why they look gray in the pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manimore

We have had 4 tanks in the last 8 years and never lost a fish to disease. This is so sad to watch.

Mandy11

Looks like it may have ICH. The fins often look cloudy like that and then the spot start to appear on the body. Generally means the gills have been effected badly by the time you get the fish. '
Sorry for you loss.

Manimore

Would ich have streamers in later stages? Right above his lip it looks like his skin is peeling too.

Mandy11

If ich is bad enough it can rupture the skin they sit beneath when leaving the fish to hit the sand bed for multiplying, so yes in severe cases this can happen.
I am assuming that you have tested for ammonia, you sound like a fairly exp keeper, because the other thought , yes he had ich but the red mark almost looks like an ammonia burn, often happens around the gills or mouth first.

Manimore

Could be ammonia. This one has one been up for 6 weeks. I keep checking for it but you know sometimes these kits don't measure real well or I am color blind. It all started with tethered fins with white cloudy stuff which was too big for ich. At least I have never seen ich look like that. I will keep an eye on her. I could qt but in my experience the stress is too much. I had ich many years ago and just kept with 20% wc every week and it went away with no fish loss. Just so strange I setup this tank for these clowns as we saw them at the store and watched for 6 weeks. What I didn't consider is that they constantly get new fish in and although in different tanks they share a water supply.

Oxylebius

Maybe Amyloodinium ocellatum (Marine Velvet) or brooklynella?

A few articles to peruse to help you ID it:
Fish ID Guide
Brookynella parasite
Marine Velvet
Marine Velvet
Marine Velvet
Marine Velvet

Clownfish are very susceptible to brooklynella (Brooklynella hostilis parasite). In the search function of this forum, search for these words 'Brooklynella hostilis' and you will find a lot of posts on it and how to treat it. Here are only a few, there are many more..

First you want to correctly diagnose it. @DaveK may have some additional advice on diagnosis.

Clown help
Urgent!! Please help me figure out whats wrong
Help with diagnosis please.
I think my Clown Has Ich please help!!!
Fungus
DeLaReef's RSM 130

Then set up a QT to treat the fish.

Last edited: