Mayja's RSR 450 Reef Adventure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF
I was looking at the tank this morning contemplating all the work about to happen: siphon cyano off the sand, water change, clean skimmer. I was feeling down due to the cyano, even though I expected its arrival (too many fish too soon, excess nutrients). Even if you call it before it occurs, it's still a bummer. I felt a sting of failure.

Then, I noticed something moving in the sand. I looked closer. It was a baby nassarius snail... Two of them! Suddenly, it didn't feel like a failure. It felt like pride.

1e02749b9a8395dc845df30bb3a6cd33.jpg

Oxylebius

I was looking at the tank this morning contemplating all the work about to happen: siphon cyano off the sand, water change, clean skimmer. I was feeling down due to the cyano...

This is exactly what I an contemplating right now and procrastinating... but I don't think I've got any baby snails to cheer me up. Congrats!

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF
Two weeks ago I did sand siphoning + 50g water change. Cyano came back. Yesterday, I did more sand siphoning and a 25g water change and added ChemiClean and a bubbler to raise oxygen levels.

Current FTS shows Gyre flow with bubbles.
0430bff5f50a3586365190b4bea05aba.jpg

srkd

Mayja, your tank looks great. I am thinking about buying Reefer 450 and was wondering about your lighting setup. Could you please provide me some details? What type, model, cost and where did you buy it from? thanks!

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF

DaddyTLi

How long have you been using the razor? What's the program set? I order Ed my razor last night. Steve's LED is taking too long. I did not want to miss this sale on razor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF
How long have you been using the razor? What's the program set? I order Ed my razor last night. Steve's LED is taking too long. I did not want to miss this sale on razor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've had my Razor for a few years. I don't remember the specific settings, but it runs from 10am to 10pm with 2pm being the high power point of the day.

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF
As of January 1st, our tank turned 7 months old and is doing just fine. But that's not the reason why I'm celebrating...

On December 28th, @Hutch proposed to me while we were in London for the holidays. :celebrate: We're planning for a September wedding. So, we're going to be caught up in all the wedding planning and such for a while.

I never thought in a million years that I would be writing something like this so soon (see my post explaining a bit of history here). It's been a crazy year and a half, and I'm thrilled to say how insanely happy I am now with @Hutch by my side. I couldn't ask for a better partner and reefer! :yup:

Status
Not open for further replies.