Any help identifying these?

ChitownRomeo

As many of you know I like to try and save corals that people claim are near death or dying and give them a chance. So I went to a friends house and he was about to throw away 2 corals and i asked to take them. Thing is I'm having a hard time Identifying these 2. Any help?

xla2vm.jpg

I'm almost sure this is a plate coral. Never had one before so I'm not sure if this one is a goner or not or placement. Is it too far gone?

23uwtnq.jpg

Marty.h

First one is a chalice and second is a plate coral.

The plate can go strait onto the sandbed as that's best place for them and the chalice start in a shaded area.

DaveK

It should be pointed out that plate corals can move on their own. That's another reason they belong on the sandbed. The one you have looks bad, but does seem to still have the mouth, so it may come back.

ChitownRomeo

The guy I got him from has him glued to that little rock. Should I take him off and put him right on the sand. I sprayed him with some Brine shrimp earlier and drawed it all in and he ate like a pig. Good sign?

cracker

I would remove it from the rock and put it on the sand bed with semi shade. Also try something with more protein than brine shrimp. Just My OP, others with more knowledge will tell You the best thing to do.