Who's gone to these places?

r2d2

You have two of those places here in Mexico. It's cheap and you will have a wonderful vacations!
Greetings

Creekview

Dove Cozumel frequently in the early 70's. Was quite different back then............no cruise ships, no tourists to speak of, tiny airport. Sleepy little backwater. Chankanaab Lagoon blew my mind the first time we snorkeled it. Palancar Reef was spectacular.

Steve L

When I got certified for SCUBA some 35 years ago our final test was a boat dive at Point Lobos. The Monterey/Carmel area has some really spectacular diving. Since then I've been on hundreds of dives all along the California, Oregon and Washington coast lines. I've also done a lot of diving in Mexico including Cozumel, and many times in Hawaii. My favorite is still the chilly waters of the northern California kelp beds for sheer beauty and diversity of species.

Some day I'd like to build a very large cold water reef tank just for critters that are local to me.

Oxylebius

My husband has been to Antarctica, not diving, but did come face to face with leopard seals. Not a seal you want to mess with, they attack, kill and eat people. Here are a couple of photos of a seal trying to pop the zodiac (which is reinforced).

I've dove Pt. Lobos on many occasions. I love the central coast kelp forests of CA.

Papua New Guinea is on my bucket list.