MarvinsReef 110g Clownfish/Anemone Tank

MarvinsReef

new FTS... tanks are recuperating from the 2 weeks vacation... more work to do... did my 2nd water change today... :)

06-12-09_FTS.jpg

06-12-09_FTS_12g.jpg

MarvinsReef

well, I recently upgraded to a 110g and things are doing pretty well... here's a few pics of the new set up and a couple vids to enjoy... :)

FTS 07-06-09
07-06-09_FTS.jpg

after cleaning a bit last night (07-20-09)
07-20-09LeftSide.jpg

07-20-09RightSide.jpg

Full Tank Vid 07-10-09
[youtube]sRtHY3frVI0[/youtube]

HI Flame wrasse Flashing Vid
[youtube]7iXfiDyt8tU[/youtube]

Golden Rhomboid wrasse Vid
[youtube]IFMKtI0xbCY[/youtube]

All my fishes hanging out Vid
[youtube]U4wlWvZKGyg[/youtube]

Fish List:
- HI Flame wrasse pair
- Male Golden Rhomboid wrasse
- Doni Marie's SnowCasso pair
- Helfrich's firefish

MarvinsReef

UPDATE: 07-24-09

I think I might've gotten a breakthrough on the MSX 200 skimmer... for about a month, I've been trying to get the maximum performance out of this skimmer but can't seem to get it to work right... with the help of some of the guys here and some trial and error, I might've gotten it to finally work... so here is the list of stuff I did to improve the performance... also did the first water change... I was only able to do about 16g though so I'm gonna follow up with another 15g-20g either this week or next week... :)

elevated the water height to about 11"; used to be around 8"...
07-24-09_Skimmer2.jpg

turned the dial down very close to being CLOSED; used to be in the middle...
07-24-09_Skimmer3.jpg

here's a quick pic...
07-24-09_Skimmer1.jpg

here's a quick vid too...
[youtube]rasUXzesoeM[/youtube]

MarvinsReef

trying out the cheap-o Underwater digicam my wife bought...

FujiFilm FinePix Z33WP... camera doesn't really take the best pics but it'll do for now... we're just looking to get a camera that will be okay to use while Evin is young... it's waterproof, sandproof, and dustproof so we can use it everywhere Evin plays outdoor...

btw, most of the corals are still acclimating to the new system... I'm hoping they'll color up even more in the next few weeks... :)

Orig ME
08-08-09_OrigME.jpg

Hell's Kitchen
08-08-09_HKitchen.jpg

Pink Boobies
08-08-09_PB.jpg

RSC Rainbow
08-08-09_RSCBow2.jpg

08-08-09_RSCBow.jpg

NiCE favia
08-08-09_Favia.jpg

MarvinsReef

new vid, mostly to highlight the harem of HI Flame wrasses... just so fun to watch... hopefully, after a few more months, the male will become a true SuperMale... although, he's a nice male already, he's not a true SuperMale yet... you can see highlights of blue/purple on the caudal and anal fins, but not the dorsal fin yet... I find myself more excited about fishes nowadays... since I have a few more with a bigger tank... ;)

YouTube - HI Flame wrasse Harem
[youtube]tuaD0uftFxk[/youtube]

pardon the mess around the tank, esp the frag racks... trying to keep the sand bed clean so the detritus don't settle in... I might add another MP40 to cover the area behind the rock work... I have between 3"-5" space behind the rockwork... that's where the frag racks will sit when the tank get settled in more... any comments or questions welcome but please be nice and polite... LoLz... Thanks... :)