Dave's RSM 500

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
i ain't lying, the bill is the same, although it should obviously be higher, and i cant explain why.

What we have here is a TOTAL misunderstanding. Devon isn't calling anyone a LIAR at all. His signature is a "humorous" tag line that states "= All lies"

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
OK that - thanks Al. It came across to me as a flame. It doesn't appear to be part of his signature, and is not according to our mod CP tools. If it's something he adds to every post I think I'd stop that practice. I don't consider it humorous at all in this case.

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
What we have here is a TOTAL misunderstanding. Devon isn't calling anyone a LIAR at all. His signature is a "humorous" tag line that states "= All lies"

"Humorous " . I thought it was funny course I saw the earlier tag line. "I'm lying I don't even own a fish tank" was shortened. It was to make fun of my line "don't believe this guy Matt " however I do understand the confusion.

......blah blah blah.

Built347

Hahahaha... flaming!!... dude I mean no harm or disrespect... that's my sig.. as in everything I'm saying is all lies... hahaha

= All lies.

Built347

That's what I'm saying Steve.. I write stuff all day and nothing... I indirectly and unintentionally accuse someone of lying about there elec bill and I get to strike 3 before I even knew about strike 1... lol sorry dude... I wont be challenging your character again.. :D

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

Built347

Really Dave? I will reapect your wishes but I have done nothing on your thread but compliment your tank and stand.. my earlier comments were obviously harmless and a complete misunderstanding... but OK..

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Thanks Terry, i didn't find it humorous either.

I know you didn't david, nor did I obviously.

Hahahaha... flaming!!... dude I mean no harm or disrespect... that's my sig.. as in everything I'm saying is all lies... hahaha

= All lies.

Devon - if you had put that in your signature, it would have appeared below the signature line, and we could all figure it out that it wasn't directed at anyone. Those "tag lines" entered after the text in a post can (as you see from what happened here) be taken the wrong way - it's as if you were calling David a liar. I hope you understand.

Built347

Its a tapatalk signature.. its automatically after everything I write... I understand the misunderstanding but I don't understand the uproar about it.. either way.. sorry.. ill excuse myself.

steved13

PREMIUM
FYI, I think the tagline, is part of the software when using a smart phone. I think that's why Devon's now says Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk. I think it defaults and has to say something, so some folks change it to something more interesting, or humorous.

I think if everyone just takes a breath you'll see it's all just a silly mis-understanding. FWIW, From everything I've seen of the folks involved here IMO, these are good people, and would be happy to help you out if needed.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Its a tapatalk signature.. its automatically after everything I write... I understand the misunderstanding but I don't understand the uproar about it.. either way.. sorry.. ill excuse myself.

With absolutely no indication that it's a cell phone tag line, it came across as if you were calling David a liar twice - that's what the "uproar" was about, and why the "strike 3" comment. Everyone should think twice about what their tagline could mean under various circumstances. You may think they're humorous, but not everyone else may think the same.

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Leigh, I was wondering the same thing. How's the first owner of the S500 coming along? Hope all is well.

David Shaw

Hi Glenn

The tank is outperforming my highest expectations, i am absolutely thrilled with it.

I have all the settings tweaked perfectly now so it is whisper quiet. The ATO lasts a 5-7 days so i am finding that it is much easier to maintain than my 130D. I clean the tank, fill the ATO and do the water change once a week and that's about it (apart from feeding). The corals seem to be thriving, along with the fish. So far i haven't found the need for a chiller. The temp goes up to 80 degrees daytime with the lights on and down to 78 in the evenings after they go off.

I have the lights set to the middle rack of lighting (2 bulbs) coming on for an hour at 2pm, then all lights for 5 hours (front 4 bulbs, middle 2 bulbs and rear 4 bulbs) then back to the middle rack of 2 bulbs coming on in the evening for 2 hours. This totals 8 hours per day and from 10pm the moonlights come on.

The lights are very bright, and from 8pm the middle 2 are perfect for an evening in the lounge. I don't want the lights on much longer for fear of accelerated algae growth.

I will post new pics and perhaps a video of how it all looks if anyone is interested.

mikezanga

Dave...great tank...I just got my 500 setup...it is quite the plug and play unit....one question, how often and how do u clean your sponges? Look forward to your pics/video.