Reefmack's RSM 130

Setragni

Hey Terry,
Good to hear back from you, i got mine hanging from the ceiling with no bars, it looks nice and clean.
Would you mind sharing your timer setting? I am still trying to figure out my settings. I see you are running a max of 35%, but 35% dont seem bright enough for me. I am hanging my light higher than you tho, about 30 inches from the sand bed.
I am using 9 out of the 14 timers. will post my setting tomorrow.
Thanks

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Hi Tony. Based on an old post I found, I think these are my current settings:

timer 1: RY15 for 8-9am with a 10 minute ramp
timer 2: RY15, BL 15 for 9-10am with a 5 minute ramp
timer 3: RY15 BL15 WH15 for 10-11 with a 10 minute ramp
timer 4: RY25, BL25, WH 20 for 11am -7pm with a 10 minute ramp
timer 5: RY15 BL15 WH10 for 8-9pm with a 10 minute ramp
timer 6: Lunar on at 9pm at 6% RY

I'll try to remember to check & verify it later. Keep in mind that my unit is a lot lower than yours, and I have all 70 degree optics to get the most light spread with it mounted that low.

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Correct Tom - still running at 35% max on the LEDs.

SolMount1a.jpg

NewLeds5_1_2011.jpg

My tank is a royal mess due to almost no maintenance for several months, other than feeding the fish and refilling the ATO reservoir, so all requests for current pictures will be ignored till I (if ever) get things back in shape. It's pretty much a FOWC tank now - fish only with cyano. :( I've been busy lately with a hobby I dropped out of 50 years ago - filling in all the empty spaces in my old coin collections. Now if I can just get my tank ambition back! We'll see.

Ah another collector around! What coins u been buying?

I'm Matt n I hate heaters.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Hi Matt - mostly Lincolns and Indian Heads. I've got the Lincolns complete 1909 - 2011, except for the $$$ 1909 S-VDB. Have all the Indians (and Flying Eagles) now, except for the high dollar 1877 & 1909-S. I've been picking up several of the Indian Head varieties too - repunched dates, etc. Also doing some type sets now (circulated) on half dollars, etc. The money is running out however LOL!

This is an 1864/18 IH that I picked up not long ago. I have several of the RPDs now:

1864_18.jpg

Bought a little USB microscope that hooks up to the PC and is pretty cool to get the closeups. I might even use it to see what cyano looks like on a closeup view LOL!

How's that for getting way off topic! :)

dmatt88

I love the old Indians. I just wrapped up the v nickel n merc dimes. Sorry took ya off track. I tend to do that.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I hadn't done much with my mercs album since I was a kid. I did just pick up 2 in a roll though - that I didn't have. OK - back to topic, I guess. :)

dmatt88

Dansco acid free is my friend too. Pricing on bulk silver now is crazy but prices not too bad on the good coins. U ever buy from JJ? I'm sure he's as good of a coin seller as corals.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Dansco here too - for Lincolns & Indian Heads. My 50 year old Whitman albums were falling apart, but had no copper corrosion. Those other albums are thumb breakers to get the coins in! My mercs and buffaloes are still in the ancient Whitmans, and the mercs are pretty tarnished now. I think it's amazing that I can't hardly get a quarter in change anymore that isn't one of the newer state or territorial ones. Pretty soon the memorial cents will be tough to find, once the new shield cents take over. When I was a kid the SLQs and halfs, mercs and buffaloes were easy to get in change , and even an infrequent indian head cent and V-nickel would show up. Wish I had stocked up on the silver coins when I had a chance, and unfortunately I spent all of my old silver Roosevelt collection as I never thought they'd be worth much, and I needed the money. My priorities changed as a kid LOL! Never bought from JJ.

lethal

Wow Terry, you must have a serious collection of old coins. Most of what you said I didn't understand but it does sound fascinating :).

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
This is a really nice surprise! Hey Terry, hope everything is good, great seeing you around. :)

Hi Juan! I just saw your new monster pellet reactor - for a few seconds I thought it was bigger than your couch LOL!

Wow Terry, you must have a serious collection of old coins. Most of what you said I didn't understand but it does sound fascinating :).

Hi Leigh! If you were talking about Australian coins I would have no idea what you were talking about LOL! My collection is probably small compared to a lot of serious collectors. A few hundred coins, most of which are of two types of US cents.

Hey Terry, nice to see you again. Hope you plan to hang around a bit and catch up on things :)

Hi David! Catching up may be impossible, but hopefully I'll be around more often.

dmatt88

Hey terry when u gonna clean that thing n post some pics. I wanna check that thing out.

.......my tanks makes my wife angry.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Hey guys uhm of I posted a pic of this French coin from 1887 could you tell me if It was/is rare?

Where did you post it? In any case I wouldn't have a clue about French coins. If you post a picture I might be able to do some searching. I'll PM you a link to a good coin forum - you can get some good help there. :)