Recent content by zy112

1. Z

FCATCH76 RSM 250- running since May 2009

Great looking tank, love the rock work
  2. Z

20 Gallon Nano Cube Questions

very much agree, glad you are looking out for the wellfare of you fish. I would maybe recommend a cardinal fish. they are very hardy and are ok in smaller tanks.
  3. Z

Avoid Aquacon.com at ALL cost!!

Reef Central Online Community Sorry, meant to paste this one first
  4. Z

Avoid Aquacon.com at ALL cost!!

Reef Central Online Community - Recommend Online FS? Reef Central Online Community - Recommend Online FS? I ordered from them a LONG time ago. Very unexperienced at the time, was not real in touch with the forums, and you can add it to the list of my mistakes. It was ridiculous, I cant...
  5. Z

new led lights

very cool, pocketreef's questions would be interesting to know too
  6. Z

Custom Frag Tanks?

Hi all, I'm in the progress of setting up a frag tank... my question/problem is I'm not sure where I should shop to get the tank. I'd like to get a 48"x30"x14". I know there will be some shaded or lesser covered light areas but that will be where the softies and lower light corals will go...
  7. Z

New JBJ 28 Gall Nano Cube..LOVE IT!

I have a 28 nanocube I also like a lot too! Congrats! That concerns me that your tang has not gotten bigger in 3 years? IMO I would never put one in my cube. The optional protein skimmer is decent. It suffices for being a small tank, but I have to adjust mine frequently. Also very picky...
  8. Z

Snorkeling Pics from Puerto Rico!!

wow what a vacation! I had the chance to snorkel once in the bahamas and its def an unforgetable experience. Thanks for sharing!
  9. Z

So Much Ich

I forgot probably the most important point, quarantining new fish to ensure they are healthy before going into the main tank. If you research quartine tanks, you will find some very valuable info on how to set this kind of tank up.
  10. Z

So Much Ich

Ok thats a pretty serious problem. For now, stop buying fish until you have any current fish healthy. First, how are your water parameter? Are you buying healthy (no signs of ich & eating healthy) How long has this tank been set-up. Some may disagree, but I personally would never put...
  11. Z

Watts per gallon

This is still not my point, I would never suggest using WPG to a newbie. But as they do preliminary research they are going to come across this. I was just reading a lighting article last night the referenced WPG. Just saying this is not the worst thing they can do and if nothing else enlightens...
  12. Z

Reef Aquarium software

I have a tab for test results, a tab for water changes, tab for any changes made, then a master sheet that I can expand/minimize all categories, search by date, ect. It doesn't have to be to complex, just a way to track and organize
  13. Z

Reef Aquarium software

Thats a good question, I would be open to using one. Right now I go the cheap way, excel spreadsheet and a small book in the fish room
  14. Z

Watts per gallon

Not at all, how many newbie's really understand PAR and have studied it, know that a watt is a J/s or even what that is? And I dont think your really learning anything, it is dividing. I certainly found it easy to break, when I realized I didnt have enough light then prompted me to research it...