Recent content by woolfe

1. woolfe

which reef safe fish has the most personality?

I have to agree that the lawnmower blennys have awesome personalities. However, I have the cutest Hippo tang! He will play with small rocks and empty snail shells. He picks them off the bottom of the tank, swims to the top of the tank, drops it, and tries to catch it again before it sinks. He...
  2. woolfe

Is it really impossible to use tapwater for saltwater aquarium?

I just moved the fish department of the LPS I work for (1900 gals of water, 5 250 gal. MARS systems and a few large tanks that were 75 gal. & up. oh and I moved all the water too so I wouldn't have to recycle everything. Ugghh in 45 gallon buckets... pushed & pulled up the ramp of a U-Haul...
  3. woolfe

WTB 250 or 300 gal skimmer

I'm looking for an in sump skimmer rated for at least 250 gallons. I only have about $200. to spend on this. If anyone has one PM me please. My zip is 02777 and shipping can bring my budget up to around $250...... I know someone must have something just sitting in your garage or basement that I...
  4. woolfe

xenia frag (first attempt)

LOL no thanks I have plenty! Way more then I need, that's how I know how to frag them. I actually work at my LFS and bring my frags in and sell them for like 10 bucks each. Thanks for the offer though.....:goofy: Although that looks like the red sea xenia. If you could do a huge frag I might...
  5. woolfe

Help Needed!!!!

At a week and a half, you shouldn't have any livestock in there at all. Your tank needs to cycle. Was this aged rock and sand from whoever you got the fish from? Even if that's the case you would still have a cycle from anything that died during the move. Algae outbreaks are common in a new...
  6. woolfe

xenia frag (first attempt)

The easiest way in my opinion to frag soft corals is to stick a toothpick through the stalk, place it on a piece of rock and use an elastic to hold it in place. (just loop the elastic around the ends of the toothpick.) after a few days it will attach to the rock. Then you simply remove the...
  7. woolfe

Anyone have any idea what these are?

A few more, now that I remembered how to resize the pics so you can see them. :dunce: Wow! Don't I feel like an oaf! LOL I just watched a few videos about corals spawning... Amazing, I'm pretty sure that's what happened in my tank too.
  8. woolfe

Whoa! Corals that lay eggs???? That's one I've never heard of before. Here's a slightly better pic. I hope.....
  9. woolfe

Hello all. I came home from work tonight to find this huge cluster of what appears to be some type of eggs atteached to my yellow star polyp colony. I shut off two power heads to take the pictures and the polyps closed. Before that all the polyps were fully open. In my tank I have a hippo tang...
  10. woolfe

Couple of ??'s

Is your heater strong enough for your tank? That ammount of evaporation is normal. You should top off your tank with RO every day. I actually have to use a humidifier in the winter just to slow the evaporation down a little. I still use about 7 gallons a week just topping off my tanks.
  11. woolfe

....450 Gallon Starphire Aquarium, Stand, Sump, Pumps and Plumbing....

41 hours from me........ Crap! Someone really needs to buy this....:bluenod:
  12. woolfe

What's your favorite fish food?

Please post away......:overhere:
  13. woolfe

The case of the disappearing fish...

Do you have a cat? Fluffy could be having a midnight snack of fresh sushi. :yummy: If the fish are being chased, the ones you listed as disappearing are known to jump except maybe the mandarin. He likely slowly starved to death in such a small system. Even if you had the entire tank full of...
  14. woolfe

I can carry as many lines as I want. :dance:
  15. woolfe

All of the above.